• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Greedy canary

Frank Mace

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Frank Mace
My cabary is greedy and eats all the time more so than previous birds I have had in the past, could this be a sign of something wrong.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
If you are concerned for a medical condition I would take your canary to the vet for a check up.

Birds can increase their food uptake if they are molting or generally more active. It isn't necessarily anything to worry about.

However if it is an extreme difference and you are worried, I would go in for a wellness exam. Best case you confirm your bird is healthy!

Clairecanary15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
Some canaries are piglets...when they are like this by nature it is best to provide them with free flight. They are similar to us with different appetites.
A sign that your canary is sick is lethargic behaviour..they feed and sleep thats it...in severe cases they will be puffed up feeling cold on the bottom of the cage. A vet visit is the last resort for a canary as they get easily stressed..but if you see the signs i have mentioned then dont hesitate to take him or her.