• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Great Progress (kind of)

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
I have a rosy-faced lovebird named Leo and after three months of training I am finally getting him to warm up to me! I believe that he had been traumatized in the pet store I bought him from so my main focus has been teaching him that hands will not hurt him. Just this morning while I was changing his water bowl (which he slept on) he let my hand get closer then it ever has before! I still have yet to physically interact with him (besides throwing a towel over him so I could put him in his cage so the brat could go to bed) so I'm feeling good for today. :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Great job! It's so important to move at the bird's pace- whether it takes weeks or months, it's worth it in the end.

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
Nawww great job the pair of you! Xx

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I think what @Birdbabe was referring to was the fact that once they settle... they never want to do anything else but stay on you! Velcro birdies! :p

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
I think what @Birdbabe was referring to was the fact that once they settle... they never want to do anything else but stay on you! Velcro birdies! :p
Oh I wish he would stay on me, I can’t wait for that. Sadly I don’t think he will be a cuddly boy. I think he went through some traumatic experiences in the store.