• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Great job, Maximus

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Max just fell off his cage due to a loud startling noise.....from Charlie. Instead of running to Charlie''s cage and up Charlie''s ladder he looked to see how he could return to his own cage. I was right there and set a ladder in place so he could return to his cage on his own. And he got a reward of almonds.

Yeah first thought is not to get to Charlie. Progress. Because he knows I will stop him. They both seem to have learned the meaning of yes and no.

Sorry....no luck posting photos these days...keep getting error messages

Last edited:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
So happy for you! :marlenesmile:
I hope that he remember that good taste of the almond if the same thing happen again.

My girls are so funny. I have encourage them if they can sit on the same perch without fighting they can share a halt walnut.
So now every morning they flew to the roof stand in the living room, placed on the same perch and waiting for their walnut. :wacky:
They are getting walnuts every morning, I don't like that, but how can I not give them what they deserves, because they are good girls.
Yes, they are smarter then me! :meh:

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
So happy for you! :marlenesmile:
I hope that he remember that good taste of the almond if the same thing happen again.

My girls are so funny. I have encourage them if they can sit on the same perch without fighting they can share a halt walnut.
So now every morning they flew to the roof stand in the living room, placed on the same perch and waiting for their walnut. :wacky:
They are getting walnuts every morning, I don't like that, but how can I not give them what they deserves, because they are good girls.
Yes, they are smarter then me! :meh:
Yeah girls! Yeah, positive reinforcement! Whatever works, within reason, and walnuts are within reason.

Charlie rebuffed a pistachio for reinforcement today. He wants scritches!!

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Max was so excited when I clapped as he chose his own cage by going up his own ladder tonight. He ate his almonds with such excitement

Go positive reinforcement go!!!

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Scene: I am on the floor stretching my back, Maximus is on the floor next to me, there is a ladder leading from floor to Charlie''s cage, Charlie is in another room

Action: Max looks around and only sees one ladder so after a bit he proceeds toward the ladder, I say no Maximus, Max ignores me

Action: As Max goes up the ladder I get up and move the ladder to instead lean up to Max''s cage

Action: Max has a pause and look of "say what" and stops proceeding up to his cage, craning his next toward Charlie''s cage

Action: Charlie enters room and I quickly put a ladder up to Charlie''s cage, Charlie turns to proceed up ladder to Max''s cage, I say no Charlie and Charlie turns to go to his own cage and quickly proceeds up ladder to his cage. Charlie receives a good boy and a nutriberry

Action: Max is still on his ladder, still with a look of "say what" still craning his neck looking at Charlie''s cage

Action: After a while Max proceeds up to his cage and gets a good boy and a pistachio

Action: Charlie, from the ladder against his own cage, begins to eye the ladder going to Max''s cage. I remove the ladder to Max''s cage

Scene: Both boys peacefully play in their own cages and all injury averted....I go back to stretching

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Maybe someday they can be friends again but no bloodshed and screaming is a good thing.

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Exactly. I almost want to say it's normal curiosity to experience the other birds' stuff, but I can't take any chances and let them get close to each other

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope they become friends :hug6:

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
One day.....one day....sigh....

They just showed aggression toward one another while sniffing each others' cages this evening

When I get comfortable stuff happens....