• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Great deal on King's Cages playstand!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
And free shipping...why am I considering when I end up not liking things on the floor? :hangin:

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my goooosh, I want it, but they won't accept my postal code! :sad11:

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my goooosh, I want it, but they won't accept my postal code! :sad11:
:( Can you call in and ask? I know a few years ago when I placed an order at King's, they wouldn't accept my Canadian credit card and I needed to pay through Western Union.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for posting. There are lots of other items on sale, too. For example, plastic travel carriers are also 60% off as are small Borneo wood table top play stands, etc.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Yeah, I'm trying to restrain myself

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does anyone have this? I am hesitant to purchase from King's based on their customer service but the prices of this and the carriers are very hard to resist.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does anyone have this? I am hesitant to purchase from King's based on their customer service but the prices of this and the carriers are very hard to resist.
Oh no, what happened?

I bought Gigi's cage from King's and got fantastic customer service with Concetta. She answered all my questions, gave me a ton of advice and I got the perfect cage delivered 48 hours later. The packing was awesome, with every little piece well protected. One of the food dishes had a little ding and she sent me a box of 4 to apologize. She sent me a thank you a few days later and asked for a picture of Gigi and the cage. I felt like I was buying it from a very competent friend. I can't rave enough about her and King's. Oh and she also met the Amazon price minus a penny.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no, what happened?

I bought Gigi's cage from King's and got fantastic customer service with Concetta. She answered all my questions, gave me a ton of advice and I got the perfect cage delivered 48 hours later. The packing was awesome, with every little piece well protected. One of the food dishes had a little ding and she sent me a box of 4 to apologize. She sent me a thank you a few days later and asked for a picture of Gigi and the cage. I felt like I was buying it from a very competent friend. I can't rave enough about her and King's. Oh and she also met the Amazon price minus a penny.

I didn't have an issue but others have had issues when dealing with King's. It's great that you had no problems and it motivates me to buy a few things from them. Sent you 4 dishes to replace the one and also sent you a thank you note is amazing. Maybe they have turned their customer service around.

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've never received bad customer service from King's, but thus far I've had no luck receiving something that was not full of defects. I bought a cage from them and there were lots of defects. Their solution was to refund me $50 for a $500 cage, which I didn't think was adequate, but whatever. I also bought an aluminum carrier and that arrived with a crooked door. They sent me a new door... Same problem. I ended up using parts from both doors to build a new door. Shouldn't have to do that for the amount of money I paid.... But yeah, that was my experience. I think carriers and playstands would be a safer purchase (fewer opportunities for defects).

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've never received bad customer service from King's, but thus far I've had no luck receiving something that was not full of defects. I bought a cage from them and there were lots of defects. Their solution was to refund me $50 for a $500 cage, which I didn't think was adequate, but whatever. I also bought an aluminum carrier and that arrived with a crooked door. They sent me a new door... Same problem. I ended up using parts from both doors to build a new door. Shouldn't have to do that for the amount of money I paid.... But yeah, that was my experience. I think carriers and playstands would be a safer purchase (fewer opportunities for defects).
Lack of quality control unless the damages occurred during shipping. I think all of my Avian Adventures cages had defects except for one and the A&E I received had dented trays and a bent bar but I think that damage was done during shipping. Marvelous cages....zero defects. Packing boxes were in perfect condition, too.

The medium and large carriers have a storage area on the top and another area that opens directly into the carrier. Not comfortable with that for my larger birds. Smaller carrier only has storage compartments on top so might purchase a few of those. Wish they were discounting Aluminum cages/carriers for the holidays.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Last edited:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Just bumping to see if anyone has the play stand shown in the OP's first post and what you think about it? Also has anyone bought the plastic carriers from King's? This kind: King's Cages - Avian and Pet Bird Cages, Supplies, Food, Toys, Perches, Aviaries, Pluck No More I've seen some really crappy carriers lately so just want to know before I purchase since I can't see these up close.
I have that stand. Honestly , it's ok but I have considered getting rid of it because Blu doesn't really use it that often.

My first bird loved it and that's originally why I bought this one - to replace it for my old bird. But Blu could care less. Maybe he would like it more if I dressed it up a bit but as it is, it's "boring".

It came mostly in tact but there was one issue - one of the ss bowls doesn't fit into the ring holder. I could've probably gotten a replacement for that part but as I said, it's only a matter of time before I replace it with a java or manzanita tree.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
After looking at the specifications I think this might be too big. 74" tall and almost 3 feet wide. I don't even know where I would put it. Great price, though!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I have a similar knock to that one I bought on Craigslist for 60 bucks and it's huge but Dobby does like it. I always watch Craigslist for deals on toys and cages just in case something really nice with a good price shows up. I would say it's better for a larger room but it fits OK in the bedroom I use as my computer room. Might not be as good if I had a bed and dresser and things in here. I might have bought that one if I'd have know it would eventually go cheap.

Kodigirl210

Kodigirl210

So far customer service has been 50/50. They don’t seem reachable by phone but do respond if you email them regarding your order. My first perch stand I actually did call on & email because I couldn’t access my account after I made it. I was given a tracking number but did not get a receipt nor did they ever help me get back into my account. That part is frustrating. The second order they did not have the color advertised & did reach out right away as well as verify twice before putting the order through with the color change. I’m due to receive the black stand on Jan 3rd & the coppertone one on Jan 4th. I will let you know how they arrived and if I ever did get access to the first account I set up! :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So far customer service has been 50/50. They don’t seem reachable by phone but do respond if you email them regarding your order. My first perch stand I actually did call on & email because I couldn’t access my account after I made it. I was given a tracking number but did not get a receipt nor did they ever help me get back into my account. That part is frustrating. The second order they did not have the color advertised & did reach out right away as well as verify twice before putting the order through with the color change. I’m due to receive the black stand on Jan 3rd & the coppertone one on Jan 4th. I will let you know how they arrived and if I ever did get access to the first account I set up! :)
Hope things work out.
I wound up ordering nothing.
I wasn't thrilled with the carriers and the stands were just too big.

Kodigirl210

@iamwhoiam - I have had stands like it before so I’m pretty sure that will be okay. I’m fairly good at carving down the dowels without wrecking them.

I am most concerned with the carrier since it is FedEx and I feel they are barely a step above DHL. I will keep my fingers crossed ;)