• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Grates for climbing on side of cage

Casper's Mom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Audrey
Hi everyone, The birdhouse I bought came with a few grates. Ive hung a couple of them on the side of Caspers cage. He really gets alot of use out of them,...it helps him get to where he wants to go quicker. ☺ Anyway, I want to get him a few more but I'm not sure where I can get them. I was told I could go to a hardware store and get some stainless steal 1x1inch or 3/4 by 3/4inch mesh roll and cut it to the sizes i want. My question is not so much can this be done by how would I bend it properly? Thanks!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You could get a platform from T4W or Oliver's Garden. You can get something like this: Sun Decks

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I just bought a cage that came with extra platforms and ladders...like those shown in your avatar...to use for budgies. I would also suggest using a platform perch or sun deck. The stainless steel mesh may have some very sharp edges if you cut it...also, consider some cork bark perches - my tiels love them.