• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Grass running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
No, not a grass running track, this is real grass running. :D
So today I got back to the place I found Avila last Sunday, sadly the weather was bad.
Some rain, windy and cold. But I did take some pic, but don't expect to much.
So here are for you Karen and the rest of you that was helping/and are helping me and all those nice words.
I which I could post better pics then this, but I will go back another time when the weather is better.

Follow the stream in wet and high grass.

The stream I am following.

And here I found Avila.

Crossing the railroad.

Getting some rosehips to my girls.

Was trying to catch up with a deer. Almost made it! (or not!! :p )

Another deer.

And when I saw this big wild boar that was going straight at me I decided that it was time to go back.
I know that they don't attack people, but with that size, not worth taking the risk. :D

Last edited:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Lovely pictures!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
So beautiful.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wonderful photos.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
What a wonderful adventure:heart: Love the animals! I adore following streams too, it’s magical!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Lovely photos. Are you sure the wild boars do not attack people? The ones we have here will certainly attack you if you get too close.....many people have lost pet dogs to wild boars here :(

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What a beautiful place to run! :bliss:

I'm very glad you found Avila; good thing that circle was there to help you! :p

And I was thinking the same thing as @Shezbug. I'm thankful you hightailed it when you saw that boar. The ones here can be unpredictable, too.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I am impressed that you can run so hard like I know you do and still notice things. You are amazing!
The runners I know have their music on and are all inside their heads, they may as well be on a machine indoors.
Beautiful pictures.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I need to bump this old thread..

First thank you all for your kind words! ♥ ♥ ♥
But short after I lost Avila (she got a new home, and she is fine today) and was to sad to reply.

Are you sure the wild boars do not attack people? The ones we have here will certainly attack you if you get too close.....many people have lost pet dogs to wild boars here :(
And I was thinking the same thing as @Shezbug. I'm thankful you hightailed it when you saw that boar. The ones here can be unpredictable, too.
I have always heard that wild boars never attack people and when I say that I avoid them they say ( I have been talking to several hunters about this) that is no need for that. But still I do, they are big and I don't want to lose a leg or worse.
Wild boars are taking over in the area where I live, you can see them daytime, which you never could before. And for some days ago a person post on FB that she was attack by a wild boar in a smaller city daytime. She said that the wild boar was very aggressive, and that was not a female and no kids was in that flock.
So the thing that has happen now is, for the first time in my life I am afraid to run in the forest when it's getting nightfall. I have very good lightning to see, but now they will only see me better, and I will not see them at all as they hide.
Yesterday it was almost dark and I had almost 10 km left. I decided to take a shorter way back to the car. But what I forgot was that I have to pass a place where they place food for wild animals. (at the moment their is only apples)
So when passing that place it was really dark, and I did felt like a prey running for my life to get away. I did hear them well but I couldn't see them.
I have never before being afraid of them, (and I hate to be that, the forest have always been a place where I felt 100% safe before) so for you that did warn me, what is the risk that they will attack?

I am impressed that you can run so hard like I know you do and still notice things. You are amazing!
Thank you! ♥♥♥
But I like to look at things when I'm running. Mostly I just watching beautiful things Mother nature has created. And you never know if you will find something good to eat, or to take home to my girls.
The runners I know have their music on and are all inside their heads, they may as well be on a machine indoors.
That is a big No No for me! It is very important that you can hear when you are running outside on your own. Someone can attack you, both humans and animals.
This summer I was running and heard some (they where two) men talking/mumbling/whispering and was placed just outside the runway.
The moment I saw one of them I turned around saying loud, - No, now I forgot to take it with me. (like I forgot something and not was afraid of them)
They where their to collect mushrooms. It was two men and they where holding hands. 100% not interested in me. :p
But I will do it everytime, that is my way to stay safe. So no music!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
@Eloy, I do not believe they will chase you down nor go out of their way to harm you.
They can be very territorial about family members, food and what they perceive to be their areas. They would usually rather stay away from you if they can but will not automatically flee like a bird or many other animals would. They are not evil or hungry for people but they do seem to be rather confident in themselves.
They have always been much more aggressive with dogs than people (to my knowledge) but I do have a few friends who have had a few very close calls with wild boars and it seems you are safest out in the open areas when it comes to boars. One guy I knew thought he was doing a good thing rescuing a baby wild boar.....he has a wicked gouge out of his leg with a deep thick scar courtesy of mama boar. The people I got my dog from actually get paid to hunt the wild boar off private properties, they have breast plates and other gear for their pig hunting dogs and they use either kevlar or really thick heavy duty leather.....I have seen them come back with tears in that gear from the boars.
I certainly would never corner a wild boar and while near them I would always make sure I had somewhere to escape to if needed.....up a tree out into an open area or a clear path for you to run away if needed.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Status
Not open for further replies.