• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gracie baby

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Oh no, not Gracie! :sad10: I am so sorry, I can't imagine your pain. :sadhug: I'm glad you were able to be with her and that you have such beautiful memories of her to help you through this.

You can see the smile on her face
That is the face of a very happy birdie girl. :swoon:
My spunky baby rest sweetheart
And that is a wonderfully spoiled birdie girl. :pinkgrin: And you were the reason for both! :heart2:

oddyssea

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I’m so sorry for your loss of sweet Gracie. My gorgeous white cockatiel Twinkle also suffered from seizures and finally succumbed in my hands one day - it was awful to lose her but it’s best that they are held and comforted by the one who loves them most when they pass.

You will meet Gracie again in another life - we are bound to them for all time. Sending you love and feathered hugs in the meantime!

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Thank you all for your kind words and support. She was my heart bird through and through.

@faislaq it has been very difficult but we are trying our best. She is going to be cremated and will be back with us by next week. I miss her so much it makes my heart hurt. But I know she is in a better place her vision is back she's not hurting anymore. Guarding her lunch pail for all she's worth. Flying around being a busy body getting into every little thing she can.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh no, I’m so very sorry Rhiana. How heart wrenching that you lost your sweet Gracie.:sad2: I hope you can soon find comfort in your memories of her, and also in the fact that she knew how much you loved her and loved you back. It’s wonderful that you were with her at the end, but of course that doesn’t make it any easier. She’s flying high through all the colors of the rainbow, that now she can truly see and enjoy.:sorrow: My heart aches for you and your husband.
:sadhug2:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
They fly into our hearts and leave feather dust on our souls forever. ...
I'm so sorry for your loss of Gracie.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so sorry to read this. :(
I know how much you love her so I can understand how big your loss is. :sorrow:
One of the things that help me is (I'm still doing it) that I couldn't bare the thought that he was gone so I'm acted like he still was here. (in some way)
Talking to him, ask things that only he had the answers too, and continue telling him how much I loved him and missed him, and that piece of my heart that he took with him when he left will always belongs to him. For me that helped and was important so I didn't kept all those feelings inside.

Many many comforting hugs to you. ♥♥♥

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. It's been a rough day and the quiet is just heart wrenching.

@Eloy I will have to try that. It's going to be so hard when I get up for work missing her waiting for me to sit so she could come and get her cuddles. Then she would try and go after my coffee the crazy little bird.

@Tiel Feathers we have been talking about her and all the funny things she did. One night when I was at work Keith had called me for some reason and she was yelling at him. She always knew when I was on the phone. He told her to be quiet. She screamed so loud at him I died laughing. He told me she worked up to it because she got all fluffy and let him have it. She would do that kinda thing to him all the time.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I am so sorry for your loss. At the same time, I am so happy you were blessed with her for eighteen years of joy.... just as she was blessed to have you for her caretaker. Hugs to your and your husband.