• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

gout experience

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Im making a seperate thread but basically there is a chance happy may have gout. Ive not had it confirmed or excluded but i want to be armed with the right knowledge before i take her in. She has a small white bump on her foot that could be indication of gout so im trying to educate myself.
Im asking if anyone has had thier fid diagnosed with gout. If so and you have had this experience Id like to ask the following:

Did your fid show signs of pain or discomfort...what clued you in that made you think...vet time? How did it reveal itself?

What test did your vet do to determine this diagnoses?

What was your vets conclusion of "why" your paticular fid got it. Bacterial infect that led to kidney issues that revealed itself with gout..or nutritional issues ect...

How did your vet suggest to treat it and was it successful?

Are there suppliments youve added that have helped your fid?

I appreciate all comments/advice/suggestions. Until i can get her in...i want to be helping as much as i can even if its just by research. Thanks in advance

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
I actually have celery seeds. If that "helps" ill see if shell go for em. But i dont want to give them without her vets approval so ...that will be my first question if she is diagnosed with gout.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Google tart cherry juice (organic).

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I hope she is ok and the growth isnt anything to worry about ..sending tons of hugs your way :hug8:

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope Happy will be OK. It's hard to tell from the photo what that bump is. With gout, though, feet/foot can be swollen and a bit stiff sometimes making it harder for the bird to walk. Here is another article about gout:
Gout In Pet Birds - Avian Kidney Disease

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Hope Happy will be OK. It's hard to tell from the photo what that bump is. With gout, though, feet/foot can be swollen and a bit stiff sometimes making it harder for the bird to walk. Here is another article about gout:
Gout In Pet Birds - Avian Kidney Disease
Thank you. I posted more pics ....and several people think we have a wart or a callous. Both reasonably harmless provided she isnt in pain discomfort and can perch balance ect normally (which she is). I habe an email with pics attachted to her av just in case but my gut says its one or the other and not gout. Which im thrilled over. I will be keeping a close eye on her regardless!

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Google tart cherry juice (organic).
Apparently im the newest member of the worry warts club according to hankmacaw..lol so me and you are in the same club! Do we get tshirts?
Ps i got tart cherry juice just in case. I plan on drinking some myself. I have chronic uti...so it may help!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Apparently im the newest member of the worry warts club according to hankmacaw..lol so me and you are in the same club! Do we get tshirts?
Ps i got tart cherry juice just in case. I plan on drinking some myself. I have chronic uti...so it may help!
Birds have a way of making us healthier......

Reckon we need the t shirts!

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Lol get some ACV for the uti's it does help and up the water in take Carmen. I get this stuff from swansons it's cheap and works wonders. I use to have a lot of issues with them but I started taking the avc pills two times a days and drinking 2 quarts of water a day been doing good ever since.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Lol get some ACV for the uti's it does help and up the water in take Carmen. I get this stuff from swansons it's cheap and works wonders. I use to have a lot of issues with them but I started taking the avc pills two times a days and drinking 2 quarts of water a day been doing good ever since.
Ill give it a whirl. Ive swallowed vinager before for another reason lol. Thanks

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Check out Swanson s online they have a great selection of vitamins and great prices I get all my stuff from them. And when they have their sales it's awesome lol