• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Got to see other birds

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
Maybe bookmark AA for them and they can visit the site and through the different threads get info that will help them, and as it’s at their own viewing time, they won’t feel as guilty and embarrassed that they were not meeting all the requirements of the birds. I learned a lot just by doing that without actually joining the the forum.

thank you so much for helping them out! Very lovely gesture, though I’m sure as with most of us, the chance to play with other birdies is always a big plus!! :lol:
I thought about suggesting the forum but they asked me to take pictures of their birds for them as they don’t know how to work their phone camera. So I think the forum is definitely out of the question.

I am actually getting ready to head back over there in about an hour and a half! Going to drop off the dummy eggs and say hi to the tiels!

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
I’m home from seeing the other tiels. The eggs mom is on are to far along for them to want to take the eggs, they should apparently being hatching any day. But with the next clutch they will be trying the dummy eggs! I had another cuddle with my new friend, her brother still hates me LOL. I forgot to take pictures though!

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
Mama bird is so pretty. I was really shocked she came over and took some millet. The last few times she was busy protecting her nest from my big scary hand. No eggs have hatched yet. IMG_2300.jpeg IMG_2311.jpeg

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
I keep trying to get pictures of the other younger one but he does not like me at all. I talk to him. He sings and whistles at me. I get near the cage and it’s like a total flip :rant::rage::explode: Hissing, lunging, the whole works.

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
This experience has brought me a new friend. A human one. I’ve really enjoyed my time helping care for the tiels and listening to her stories about her life. I will still be around to help for a few more weeks.

The new eggs have hatched and for the first time in ever she is only coparenting with mom and dad rather than pulling them from the nest immediately to hand feed! As for the younger already weaned ones she this morning asked me to take the one who really likes me. I told her I’d need some time to think about it and that my birds are still in quarantine over Zora. She wants to find somewhere for her brother as well as she knows with how young the 2 (not mom and dad) are they will almost certainly outlive her.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
This experience has brought me a new friend. A human one. I’ve really enjoyed my time helping care for the tiels and listening to her stories about her life. I will still be around to help for a few more weeks.

The new eggs have hatched and for the first time in ever she is only coparenting with mom and dad rather than pulling them from the nest immediately to hand feed! As for the younger already weaned ones she this morning asked me to take the one who really likes me. I told her I’d need some time to think about it and that my birds are still in quarantine over Zora. She wants to find somewhere for her brother as well as she knows with how young the 2 (not mom and dad) are they will almost certainly outlive her.
I love you have made a friend and I knew you would be taking one home haha :rofl:

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
I love you have made a friend and I knew you would be taking one home haha :rofl:
Hey now I said I would think about it! :laughing2:

Which I do really need to think about it. I only have so much time and space to give. Plus I’m still pretty sad about Zora.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Hey now I said I would think about it! :laughing2:

Which I do really need to think about it. I only have so much time and space to give. Plus I’m still pretty sad about Zora.
I am so sorry about zora not easy at all losing a bird

I hope you make right decision for you :heart:

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
I am so sorry about zora not easy at all losing a bird

I hope you make right decision for you :heart:
Thank you. I love all my animals but I have an extra special bond with my birds. It’s been hard not to blame myself for her passing, so not sure now is the right time for a new flock member. Although I would love for Navi to have a chance at companionship with another tiel.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Thank you. I love all my animals but I have an extra special bond with my birds. It’s been hard not to blame myself for her passing, so not sure now is the right time for a new flock member. Although I would love for Navi to have a chance at companionship with another tiel.
I still blame myself for pico too so I fully get you and adding pip was hard at first but I was already going to get pip before pico died

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
I still blame myself for pico too so I fully get you and adding pip was hard at first but I was already going to get pip before pico died
It’s hard not to blame ourselves. I deep down don’t think I truly could have done anything to stop Zora from passing. But those what if thoughts creep in for sure.

I will keep everyone updated though once I decide. I’ll think about it once my birds are done with quarantine. We will be 3 weeks out on Monday! Luckily everyone is still healthy and happy.

Aestatis

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Wow, mom has so much yellow I would have guessed she was male. After some reading it seems like cinnamon females tend to have more yellow like the males (just not as bright).

As for the potential new cockatiel.. don't feel bad if it isn't the right time, but don't feel bad about it being "too soon" if you decide to adopt her. When Major died I was certain I would wait a year and somehow I ended up adopting Candela about a month later. :laughing2: Though, I had an empty house and you have other birds, so it's different of course. I think your heart will tell you. Despite feeling grief over Major (and still grieving) I felt so excited to meet/adopt Candela I knew it was the right choice.

Synth

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
Wow, mom has so much yellow I would have guessed she was male. After some reading it seems like cinnamon females tend to have more yellow like the males (just not as bright).

As for the potential new cockatiel.. don't feel bad if it isn't the right time, but don't feel bad about it being "too soon" if you decide to adopt her. When Major died I was certain I would wait a year and somehow I ended up adopting Candela about a month later. :laughing2: Though, I had an empty house and you have other birds, so it's different of course. I think your heart will tell you. Despite feeling grief over Major (and still grieving) I felt so excited to meet/adopt Candela I knew it was the right choice.
I didn’t get any pictures of dad but he definitely has more yellow. She does have a lot of yellow for a female cockatiel! Momma bird seems to be getting more familiar with me and accepting I’m just going to pester them when I’m over lol.

I told myself I will begin to think about it next weekend as my birds will be done with sickness quarantine then. I love the name Candela, it’s super cute! I’m glad they found you even if it was earlier than planned. Life has a funny way of working out sometimes.

Aestatis

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I told myself I will begin to think about it next weekend as my birds will be done with sickness quarantine then. I love the name Candela, it’s super cute! I’m glad they found you even if it was earlier than planned. Life has a funny way of working out sometimes.
Thank you! The name came to me as soon as I saw her photo on the rescue page. She's a pastel-face lutino so she almost resembles a candle. But more importantly, she brought light back into my life . Here's hoping you feel the same whether you get another bird or find comfort with your current ones.