• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Got Green Eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
Yes, this could have been posted in Shutterbug Street, but since it is centered around pets, I think it belongs here. Ever get green, blue, gold, or demonic red eye when taking flash photography of pets? Here are some solutions:
1. This is probably the easiest solution. Don't use a flash. Yes, it may be a "duh" thing to some people but others may cringe in fear of not using flash. :eek: :hehe: Sure, it's not very often you get an opportunity to take a pet pic in awesome natural light. I know I can almost never get pet pics in natural light because in the day they DON'T SIT STILL! But at night they are peaceful and tired...pic time! :hehe:

2. Use the "red eye" setting. Yes, this is designed to be effective on humans, but hey, it works on pets too...sometimes. But something is better than nothing and you've got nothing to lose! :dance4:

3. Use the "Dodge/Burn" tool (set to "Burn") on an image editing program such as Gimp. Here is an example of a pic I took of my friend's cat that I fixed using the Burn tool (I also cleaned up an "eye booger" with the "Clone" and "Heal" tools):
Before:
IMG_0931.jpg

After:
IMG_0931+lol.jpg

4. The most expensive solution. If you have a DSLR or highly advanced point and shoot, you can buy a speedlight/external flash. Yes, it is a several hundred dollar investment, but if you have the money, it is something you may want to look into as their are *seemingly* endless possibilities, and it is something that is going to last you for a very long time.

Hope this helped! ;)

RAC

Sprinting down the street
i have one and love it my EOS-1Ds Mark III does not have a flash so i needed on

RAC

Sprinting down the street
Yeah its alright i am glad u got a canon
u love it

Status
Not open for further replies.