• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Got any ideas how we can stimulate Maxwell a little more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
keeping in mind, he cannot grip at all..one leg is totally paralyzed and he cannot grip with the other foot...he sits on top of Sam's cage top all day, doing not much...he eats, he drinks, he preens..occasionally he will fly over to the fridge top..He calls and I can tell he is happy..I just wish there was some way to make him a little more active or is that really necessary? He does have a small toy that he plays with but seems afraid of everything else...poor baby..I think he is h appy just to watch the world go by and be unharrassed but am unsure.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Mikey too used to be very scared of toys... :( He still really isn't a toy bird but if he is going to play with anything it needs to be tiny.. He really likes to play with pony tail holders, tiny shiny hair clip, chineese finger puzzles and Qtips.. He also loves :heart: his mirror but he is not a hormonal mess like Daisy is (so no mirror for her). Can he sit on your shoulder when your sitting on the couch/chair? Mikey also loves to chew my necklace.. :)

jasminlana

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
I guess he has to do more playing with toys with his beak, chew toys. can you hang ittle things on the side of the cage or weave it in the bars, low near his perch, maybe balsa wood

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
hm...that sounds like a good idea...I will try to get a few more t oys out on the cage top for him...poor little gaffer... I will also try the q tips...what is a chinese finger puzzle tho??

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany

Elizabeth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Bless you for working so hard to give him such good quality of life. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.