• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Goodbye to the babies

CharmeC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Today is a sad day for me. My four young ones will be going to two separate new homes. If anyone remembers, I've posted about their babyhood on Pictures - Babies growing like the wind | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

What they look like today at 5 months old (with the mother Thunder Cat to the left):
20810487352_8d7b52c392_b.jpg

Nugget and Yoyo seem to be a bonded pair, always sitting together on a swing:
20195803843_16a174d715_k.jpg

Monster is a mama's boy, but he gets along with Nugget too:
20790843615_da5a298990_k.jpg

Last family bath together:
20764599706_fc35cbda26_h.jpg

Dodo, my special favorite:
20883044941_5581c85be4_k.jpg

Family playtime:
20781406182_c7273a4ed5_k.jpg
20866181232_32df6b577d_k.jpg

I will be visiting them at their new homes and helping the new owners on questions about bird care. But I shall miss all those months when the whole bird family used to fly around the room like a joyous hurricane and descending upon my arms and head one after another even though they're not hand tame.

You will always be my babies: Nugget, Dodo, Monster and Yoyo. Thank you so much for having been part of my life.

HazelBird029

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Archer
Awww, I hope they do well in their new homes!! They look like such loved birds, and they're downright beautiful. Lucky new owners!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Such beautiful birds! I'm sure it's hard to see them go. Do they have their own playhouse? That's so cute.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are gorgeous! I hope they have happy lives!

Applebutter

Jogging around the block
Awww I know you will be sad but at least you can follow up with their new owners and keep in contact with them. They are so sweet and precious plus they had a wonderful start in life because of you :)

I wanted to ask you, are those the house looking cages that they have on the Petco website? If so, I want one for a playhouse for the lovies! I had no idea that they looked so darn adorable inside!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I know it must break your heart to see them go but then again I know you chose a good home for them.

CharmeC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Such beautiful birds! I'm sure it's hard to see them go. Do they have their own playhouse? That's so cute.
I wanted to ask you, are those the house looking cages that they have on the Petco website? If so, I want one for a playhouse for the lovies! I had no idea that they looked so darn adorable inside!
It's a children's dollhouse that I let them play and forage in. Before they took over:
1979608_10152096348026911_333013339_n.jpg

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awwww, how sad!! The babies!! :dontgo: :sad7: Monster is my favorite! I hope all goes well in their new homes.

CharmeC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
The person who was going to adopt Dodo and Monster backed out at the last minute. Luckily the other lady who adopted Yoyo and Nugget agreed to foster the other two as well and she lives only a few blocks from me. So it all worked out for the best!

Blue & Spud

Walking the driveway
Real Name
amanda
Wow Dodo is beautiful :) they are all gorgeous but Dodo is stunning.

Blue & Spud

Walking the driveway
Real Name
amanda
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dolls house, I might have to make one if those for Spudnik.