• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Good Stand for Parrotlet

ZoeyFredrik

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
I'm looking for a table top play stand for Shelby. The thing is, everything seems so large compared to her. Does anyone know of or have any suggestions for a play stand for little Shelby?

GracefulWolf

Meeting neighbors
I tried that one. My guys personally didn’t like it. They checked it out and then left it alone. That was the end of their interest. But they’re cheap so it’s worth trying. After that one, I decided to try a prevue playstand. It’s big compared to a table top, but they absolutely love it. They play on it all day long. Up and down having a blast! I’ve had it for over 7 months and it is just awesome. It has wheels so it’s very easy to move around. The bars are a little slick but some material wrapped around the bars fixed that easily. I took a picture when I set up their Christmas toys. Poor piñata Santa has since been destroyed and has lost his hat, his beard, his clothes, and most of his forehead :loveshower: F838FAF0-6C30-4E4A-8BE8-5E0CBB1E903A.jpeg

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
If you're not interested in those, there's a seller on Etsy called okpetstuff that makes really nice playgyms. This one is marketed to parrotlets: Bird Play Gym For Parrotlets Budgies Love Birds With
That play gym is really cute! The parrotlets will like it. My parrotlets love color a lot so if you could I would ask them if they could make one with color. They really love toys and chewing. Anything with threadlike material that makes them play with it with their beaks like their preening (tiny tiny ones). Balsa, yucca, straw, leather, are the favorites of our two little ones. I have one and they just liked being at the top and hanging out there. It's the toys and the other things in the room that really catches their attention. Mine love love hanging out in their flight cage playing with their toys. If they are out, they are sitting as high as they can in the room. I hang a lot of toys in differing lengths and it allows them to hang upside down and do funny antics.

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
Penn-Plax Parakeet & Small Bird Activity Center, Medium - Chewy.com

I found this one and it's pretty inexpensive. I'm pretty sure I had one of these and it came apart after a while from me washing it a lot. It lasted about 3 months but it was only $25. They're not usually very stable. The one on Etsy looked like it's made better but like Crazybirdchick says, sometimes what you get isn't what you expected.

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
I have no idea if this place is still in business, but I've wanted one of these for awhile..

Birdgymsrus.com

BirdGymsRus

Denice

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Denice Crago
I kinda made my own out of a cage stand and some other items I bought. My Parrotlet and Ringneck climb all over it. I did use vet wrap on the slippery parts. stand.jpg

ZoeyFredrik

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
I kinda made my own out of a cage stand and some other items I bought. My Parrotlet and Ringneck climb all over it. I did use vet wrap on the slippery parts. View attachment 267094
That looks like fun!
Joey has a similar swing to the three tiered one in the pic. She loves it!
I wish I could find a parrotlet sized one. Shelby would love it.