• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Good or bad Signs

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Glad your getting him a bigger cage, hopefully he will warm up to you soon. :heart:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m glad you are going to get a larger cage and let him out. Just allow yourself plenty of time and follow @Ripshod advice above. I hope it all goes well!

Nina23e

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Alina Mirza
20191010_192514.jpg Rolo new cage and i will be adding more stuff to it gradually and he has been out all day. I think i feel more better now.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I know he hasn't been in there that long but how does Rolo seem in there? It's a good cage and you're going to get more stuff in there for him, but a little tip - get a strong clip to hold the door open or closed. He'll be able to escape that, or worse it could fall on him going in and out.

Nina23e

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Alina Mirza
Both the doors open outwards so cant fall on him and i have checked he can not open it as the other bars will not let him push the llocking bar up all the way. I made him decide when he want to go in he took his time and went in and had his food. Been playing with his toy picking on it.

Nina23e

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Alina Mirza
And i have opened the door and he is still inside. is it ok? Might just leave the door open during the day and close it at night.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Both the doors open outwards so cant fall on him and i have checked he can not open it as the other bars will not let him push the llocking bar up all the way. I made him decide when he want to go in he took his time and went in and had his food. Been playing with his toy picking on it.
My bad. Looked like a guillotine door.
Yes, leave it open for him, he'll come out once he settles. Best to close it a few hours before bedtime if he's not out, rather than sitting waiting for him to go home lol

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Great cage upgrade! It seems like he wasn’t too unsure if it either, which is great. He’ll most likely come out eventually, especially as he learns to trust you more.