• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Good night, sweet poof

Poofypuffin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ásrún
My heart is aching as I type this, and I grieve having to announce that Mundi the puffin has passed away.

It happened so suddenly which is why I guess I am still in bit of a shock. At the beginning of the week he started to lose his appetite - which wasn’t highly unusual, there came times where he was a very finicky eater. But I guess this was different. On Wednesday he took a turn for the worse; didn’t keep anything down, slept a lot and by the end of the day he just slipped away.

In a way it is a blessing that it all happened so fast. That way he didn’t suffer, though I miss him terribly and wish that there was something more I could have done for him. But I did all that I could and sometimes that just isn’t enough: The end comes for all of us, and it is highly probable that he was an elderly fella. We were never able to confirm his age.

We can rejoice in the fact that that Mundi survived a year longer than he would have if he hadn’t been taken in. He was nursed back to health after a bad accident and even though he was unable to return to the wild I like to think he had a wonderful year with us.

He was the only puffin in the world to swim in a hot tub, to go to a summer cabin and take car rides, which he seemed to enjoy. He was more than a simple seabird, he was more than a pet. He was a friend, a companion and an inspiration to so many.

Having Mundi was a real adventure for me and through him I got to know so many great people who I now consider friends.

Thank you for everything Mundi!

Now fly free little buddy, fly and dive and swim and do all the puffin things in the great beyond.

You will be missed dearly

Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 11.59.58 PM.png

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am so sorry for your loss.

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so very sorry for your loss. :(

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
I so sorry for the loss, fly free sweet Mundi. :sorrow:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm so sorry for you Asrun. You will miss him terribly, I'm sure. You have all of those great memories to keep him near you.

Mundi, I hope you find the very best fishing places and eat all of the Monk fish you want. I'll miss you a whole lot, and will think of you often.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
So sorry for his loss. I'll miss him too.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Oh no , oh my sweet sweet Mundi, I cry tears of loss and sorrow for you, in the year that I have come to learn and enjoy your adventures. I will miss you and never forget the joy you brought to us here on Avian Avenue. I hope to see you again in our journey.

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
I am very sorry about Mundi.
Things happen for valid reasons unknown to me.
But I am feeling sad that for me it was too soon for him to leave.

Thank you giving him such an awesome life.
:sorrow:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
While I am sorry that Mundi has crossed Rainbow Bridge, I know you loved him and cared for him with your heart and soul. No creature could wish for anything better in the last year or so of their life. You loved him and all your photos of him reflected that. I send you a large hug in hopes that it will help the pain of your loss.

Last edited:

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. :sorrow: Mundi was such a special puffin and will be fondly remembered by many.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Oh this hurts all of us. I don't know his history but it would be interesting to read. Big hug and know I feel your sorrow.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow: Mundi was so lucky to have you find him. He touched so many here. Thankyou for saving and caring for him and for sharing him here with us. I'll never forget him and how he enriched our community ❤