• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Good news; I got Bull a friend.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Yeah I think a skirt would make mine determined to enter because it is a huge box! Mine love playing hide and seek with me under a blanket as well, another reason why they would try to find out what was behind it:embarassed:

Max Rain

Meeting neighbors
I know right?? My only lovie experience was quite negative but this makes me want one as well.

There are so many colors, Budgies, lovies and Plets are my favorite little parrots.

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Yeah I think a skirt would make mine determined to enter because it is a huge box! Mine love playing hide and seek with me under a blanket as well, another reason why they would try to find out what was behind it:embarassed:

Bull doesn't play in boxes or the likes, but you're right. It might attract my girls. Yen LOVES hiding under my dad's dressers. She'll go under mine from time to time, but she'll stay under his all day if you let her.
And he's accidentally trained her to go after the feet of anyone who goes under there.
She's not allowed in the basement until he leaves. For our own safety...
:scared5:

I can only imagine the heck it would cause if Triss laid eggs under a dresser.

:backout:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
And the new girl and Bull are getting along swimmingly, before I forget to mention it again. She's a very gentle gal and after he finished acting like a complete dork, they started acting like they were glued at the hip.

His attempts at introducing himself were amazingly fun to watch. He;

1. Tried to get in through the door to their 'attic', wound up tugging it open and was left hanging from the door by his beak for a few confusing seconds. She was watching him and obviously very unimpressed.
  2. He made a second attempt, but somehow managed to flip over the top of the door and squirmed around a little while she watched.
  3. Finally got in through the front door and got about half-way to where she was before suddenly bolting for the other end of the cage. She still seemed highly unimpressed.
  4. Finally got up there, only to spook her. She flew into the lower half of the cage. He sat up on the tallest perch, watching her. Once she'd calmed down, she came back up to sit next to him, only for him to bolt.
  5. Come night time, she was sleeping in the attic and he was sleeping on the perch below her. Around 3am, when everything was dead quiet, I heard a 'thump' and went to go check it out. He'd fallen off the perch he was on. She sat on her perch, still looking unimpressed.
This morning, they were both perched next to eachother in the main floor of the cage. I think she either found his antics endearing or took pity on him.

I have no idea if that was the plan all along, but he's doing much better. He didn't even want to come out of his cage this morning because she was too busy exploring to come out.

:yes4:

(Her old owners said she doesn't play and dislikes toys, but she seems to like playing with his 'swing')

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
:rofl:

He’s an awkward teenager and she’s is singularly unimpressed.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
What is the little girl's name?
Well, her old owners named her Astrid, but I'm not sure if it fits. I'm thinking of these;
  • Tama
  • Maleficent
  • Belle
  • Ursula
  • Caska
  • Jolyne
  • Chell
  • Samus
  • Bayonetta
  • GLaDOS
  • Jasper
  • Lapis
:facepalm: There are a looooot more names out there I could list here.....

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I've fell for a few "bad' boys in my days. I was so into musicians & they are so self centered & selfish so guess that's why I never got "hitched" :omg: Luckily!!! :chipmunks::excited1::yahoo::bliss:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Jasper is a female gem from Steven Universe and Samus is a female space marine from the Metroid series. :p
Oh I forgot we were doing a theme.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Oh my gosh! They are so cute!!!
MORE LIKE I am old and don't even get the references unless somebody tells me! :roflmao:
Pfft, you're not old. You're just not a fan.

I'm starting to think Astrid isn't a girl, though.
  • 'She' is significantly smaller than Triss and has a narrower lower body in comparison to her
  • Immediately started getting along well with Triss and didn't defend 'her' cage when Triss came in and makes sure to get out of her way.
  • Joins the boys in sitting on her cage. Triss makes no attempt to chase 'her' off despite not tolerating girls on her cage.
  • Does not shred papers like the girls do.
  • Engages in the morning 'scream' with the boys. Triss doesn't.
  • Tried to regurgitate for Bull, Steven and Triss.
  • A person at the pet shop was the one who sexed 'her' as a baby.
  • Never laid eggs.
  • Isn't bossy with the boys at all.

Max Rain

Meeting neighbors
Is there a complete list of Garets birds somewhere? I tried going back through the thread but it's very confusing. :shy:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
You need more than a list, my friend. I think we need a computer program to keep up!
:coffeescreen:Hahaha A spreadsheet for a siggie!

Garet

Real Name
Garet
FML, now Triss and Steven decided to abandon their nest and move in with Bull...
:faint:
I just can't win.