• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Good news; I got Bull a friend.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I knowwwwww. I can't imagine what his breeder would have done with him if he was returned....
I have heard the stories...:(

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Spoke to my vet via the phone, and she said he's too old to have his splayed leg fixed. :unsure1: If his old owner had taken him in when she got him, it could have been caught in time.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Spoke to my vet via the phone, and she said he's too old to have his splayed leg fixed. :unsure1: If his old owner had taken him in when she got him, it could have been caught in time.
That is unfortunate, but your birds are so loved, well-fed and spoiled that one of them still doesn't know one of his legs is missing! ;) They don't have a care in the world. :loveshower: Bull's new beau won't even know he's different. Besides, he looks like he's doing all right in that 2nd pic; he even has a superhero stance! :super:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Too bad that person did not have his leg taken care of or give him to someone who would.

Hopefully Bull & the new guy hit it off since he lost his Buddy Dorian recently maybe he will not be so choosey about his legs...

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I had to fish the little guy out from under a dresser and his legs are pretty bad. I let him get comfortable in my hand once I'd rescued him, and they're both out at an angle. He was able to grip onto me with his claws pretty well, at least. And he definitely is missing a nail. Poor guy got beat pretty good.

Too bad that person did not have his leg taken care of or give him to someone who would.

Hopefully Bull & the new guy hit it off since he lost his Buddy Dorian recently maybe he will not be so choosey about his legs...
Yeah. It really couldn't have cost that much. And he's such a sweetheart, too. I can't imagine a breeder passing his legs off as just a habit and not trying to help the sweet sweet little guy.

I am confused because you wrote

My flock is now complete
:think1: You must be thinking of my evil twin.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
He's a darling! :heart:

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
He is SO handsome! Love his coloring..........OK, so I can see he is an eye ring, but what species and mutation is he do you think? I love the orange coloring on the head and the yellow and green (pied?) body. Is he a Fischer's mutation, I wonder? Anyway, congratulations on finding a friend for Bull and adding one more to your already "COMPLETE FLOCK"......:lol:sorry I couldn't resist.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
congratulations on finding a friend for Bull and adding one more to your already "COMPLETE FLOCK"......:lol:sorry I couldn't resist.
Don't forget Pikachu the budgie! :hehe:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
He is SO handsome! Love his coloring..........OK, so I can see he is an eye ring, but what species and mutation is he do you think? I love the orange coloring on the head and the yellow and green (pied?) body. Is he a Fischer's mutation, I wonder? Anyway, congratulations on finding a friend for Bull and adding one more to your already "COMPLETE FLOCK"......:lol:sorry I couldn't resist.
I have no idea what mutation he is. All I know is he's a cute lil guy. And he's pretty darned quick in the air. Which is a pretty big plus around these parts.

I think I could contact the breeder and ask, but I don't think I'd be able to hold back from giving him a piece of my mind.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
And an update; I was really worried about his leg and thought it may be broken. We went to the clinic my vet practices at when not at the place up the street and it isn't broken. It's healed on its own and she said that we shouldn't amputate since he's not showing signs of pain and it is functional. The missing nail is a newer injury and has only just scabbed over and likely won't grow back. His beak is also scuffed up, but there were no signs of internal injuries or puncture wounds. The scratches will grow out.

Other than that, he's thankfully in great health. He's a real lucky boy.

20180609_132824.jpg

It looks like he went for the wrong buddy though. :laugh: Ah well. Bull's no longer picking himself, and he does enjoy Pikachu's company. All's well that ends well.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Oooo but they are SO adorable together!!!:heart::heart::heart: I hope my two will cuddle like that one day:p