• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Good morning from the middle of nowhere, Arizona!

SeverelySweet

Sprinting down the street
Just got Syd up, and gave him some breakfast. He is not amused with the bananas lol.

Hoping he does well, now that it's daylight and can see what's going on...well, I mean, see with what little vision he actually has left, lol.

Onward and upward! HUZZAH!

20171021_074241.jpg 20171021_074258.jpg

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Yeah, AZ has a lot of "middle of nowhere". That's probably what I like the very most about it - miles and miles of miles and miles. Nevada and Texas come close. I could never live East of the Mississippi - too many people and too much "civilization".

Have a good day Syd - take care of Mom.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Great set-up for Syd! And he is almost in the back seat, away from those terrible air bags. Whew! I agree he cannot go cross country in a cage at all times. Hope he is having fun watching the world go by!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Prayers for the protective bubble on your journey.....

SeverelySweet

Yeah, AZ has a lot of "middle of nowhere". That's probably what I like the very most about it - miles and miles of miles and miles. Nevada and Texas come close. I could never live East of the Mississippi - too many people and too much "civilization".

Have a good day Syd - take care of Mom.
My biggest dislike of L.A. was that it was always too people-y out! :omg:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Are you moving to Arizona or just visiting?

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Great photo! Can't wait to hear more! He looks so happy and so do you! Love the smiles! Thanks so much and glad you are having a good time! Nothing beats excellent company on a road trip with good music!!!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I like Syd's setup, too, though it looks mighty fun to chew. I hope you brought a spare! :roflmao: How is his perch held up?

I don't suppose there's a way to rig a net across the cargo area to keep anything from falling forward if you got bumped from behind? I figure you can see through a net so it wouldn't block your rearview, and you might already have one or something like it seeing as how you're a pirate lady with a parrot! ;) (both excellent reasons to have a net.)

Last edited:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Or should I have said "batten the hatches"? ;)

Sarah13

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Safe travels! Road tripping/traveling in the car together is always an adventure and fun more often then not. Be careful and have fun!

SeverelySweet

I like Syd's setup, too, though it looks mighty fun to chew. I hope you brought a spare! :roflmao: How is his perch held up?

I don't suppose there's a way to rig a net across the cargo area to keep anything from falling forward if you got bumped from behind? I figure you can see through a net so it wouldn't block your rearview, and you might already have one or something like it seeing as how you're a pirate lady with a parrot! ;) (both excellent reasons to have a net.)
I did bring a soare, because he totally loves chewing it! The original one started out as the prop for my hood (lol...gotta love being ghetto). He's done a fair job on this one, over the last few days too. Oh, and I use 2 small bungee cords...one on each end...and secure it to the posts on the headrest of each of the seats.

No need to see out my rear window, as im hauling a trailer behind me. The only items in back are his travel cage, his carrier, and a small duffle bag with immediate need items...lot of shirts in there hahaha! I've secured the cage and carrier to the cargo net loops, and the duffle bag is on the floor behind the seat.

I covered the back with another black mat before I put anything in, because I knew what his is area would look like. This is today's mess:
20171024_141209.jpg
And I've already used the whisk broom twice...lol