• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goldfish Obsession

kczoe321

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Kerri
Hi guys,

So I have an intense obsession with goldfish that started a year ago when the owner of the little pet store by my house gave me a sick tiny goldfish for free. A ton of research and three tanks later, I now have a 46 gallon bowfront aquarium that I am proud of and five goldfish that I love and obsess over. My tank is overstocked, so I do frequent water changes and I am constantly learning...but that is all part of the fun!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and show you guys my fish children. If anyone has any goldfish care suggestions or just loves them as much as I do, please feel free to leave a comment! :pinklol3:
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
No - I don't have that obsession but they are very pretty.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I love goldfish! They are so darn cute. Don't have any myself, though.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
They're pretty!

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
They're beautiful!! I have guppies :)

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:chipmunks: We are kindred spirits! I have 3 goldfish tanks :dance55:I loooove them too! I even have a tattoo of my favorite one :cloud9:

My fav one is Quinn. He was a blue oranda when I got him. Now he's white :jawdrop1:

image.jpg

Now white!
image.jpg

This is his girlfriend ranchu named Beatrice with the orange baby fish the parented together :xflove:
image.jpg

kczoe321

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Kerri
@MarieL your fish were awesome! Such a vibrant orange. I can tell that you took really good care of them! How did you get your orange to grow so large?

kczoe321

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Kerri
@Flipper I am IN LOVE with your oranda! I am having hardcore fish envy right now. Did you get him from Dandy Orandas because he looks reallyyyyyy nice. Those fins!

Color changes in goldfish are so much fun to watch and I feel like you can never tell what color they are going to end up being.
The first oranda that I got was an itty bitty calico thing and he lost all his black and became the red and white oranda in the first photo I posted. We named him Finston. :fish:

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Flipper I am IN LOVE with your oranda! I am having hardcore fish envy right now. Did you get him from Dandy Orandas because he looks reallyyyyyy nice. Those fins!

Color changes in goldfish are so much fun to watch and I feel like you can never tell what color they are going to end up being.
The first oranda that I got was an itty bitty calico thing and he lost all his black and became the red and white oranda in the first photo I posted. We named him Finston. :fish:
No, I got him at petsmart :)

the first goldie I got was a calico ryukin named Flipper :heart: He was stunning! And he was the one that ignited my fire about goldfish!

Black is a VERY unstable color in gf and they often loose it :)

MarieL

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
@MarieL your fish were awesome! Such a vibrant orange. I can tell that you took really good care of them! How did you get your orange to grow so large?
I don't know why he grew so large, just got lucky I guess. That picture is from where I entered him in a virtual goldfish show. He won Grand Champ. I loved that fishy!

kczoe321

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Kerri
@Flipper yes, I had heard that black was very unstable. I have a black moor and a black butterfly and I have been waiting for them to start changing but...nothing so far.

Of course, I like them just the way they are. But I think it would be really neat to watch them transition from one color to the next :cantwait:

CallmeSweetie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Andrea
I don't know but i hope he loses the moustache before my 80 year old dad comes for Christmas :)

He was fully black a year ago.

I think it was when we changed the food so if you are wanting them to change try a different brand maybe?

Glad you got a giggle from the photo, me too :)

Dana Lee

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dana
Beautiful fish! I have 3 ranchu goldfish. I love that your tank is bare bottom mine is too

Attachments