• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goldenfeast question

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I have a mixed flock, greys, Amazons, Galahs, two Ekkie boys, a D2, and some Linnies. I feed mostly Roudybush but do a 50/50 mix of Roudybush and Goldenfeast Petite Hookbill for the Linnies along with fresh and nuts for the bigger birds, more so for the greys than anything, sitting mostly on walnuts in the shell and some almonds and pistachios for the lazier birds. I'm really happy with the Petite Hookbill and use it occasionally to mix with mash that gets too watery that goes to everyone but was wondering if anyone uses some of the other Goldenfeast mixes with their birds and could recommend some of the other mixes! Thanks!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I have used Goldenfeast for years and years. There isn't a mix I don't like. I have fed just about all of them but a few.

I haven't offered Bonito Loco, or Hookbill Legume. Since they get pastas and or legumes with fresh.

Carribean Bounty, Madagascar Delight, Gardenflora, Tropical Fruit Pudding and Veggie Crisp are a regular in my house mixing with pellets and nuts.

My Parrotlet LOVED. Australian Blend. Hoosier is my dry greens guy.

Bonito Loco might be good for your flock and Australian blend for the littles? The Australian blend smells so good!

We have Goldenfeast junkies here! :D

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I have used Goldenfeast for years and years. There isn't a mix I don't like. I have fed just about all of them but a few.

I haven't offered Bonito Loco, or Hookbill Legume. Since they get pastas and or legumes with fresh.

Carribean Bounty, Madagascar Delight, Gardenflora, Tropical Fruit Pudding and Veggie Crisp are a regular in my house mixing with pellets and nuts.

My Parrotlet LOVED. Australian Blend. Hoosier is my dry greens guy.

Bonito Loco might be good for your flock and Australian blend for the littles? The Australian blend smells so good!

We have Goldenfeast junkies here! :D
Is there any mix that you use daily?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Mine get some of each daily, so yes!

Their pellets would be the main, mixed Roudybush low fat small, med California Blend, some crushed Caitec OFB. I hand pick what they all get lol. 2 or 3 pieces of dry fruit like papaya, 1 or 2 pumpkin seeds, a few almonds, cashews or pistachios. Zons get pistachios, Jen won't touch she loves almonds and cashews.

Everyone gets a sprinkle of whole milk thistle seeds, hemp seeds and very little of Volkman Hookbill mostly safflower, no sunflower unless it's in the GF.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I'm finding that mine seem to like walnuts which is great but I make them work for it...if they can't get the shell open, they don't get the nut! LOL! I'm so mean but hey, they are getting better about working for them! Even the little pinksters are getting the hang of it. The Amazons are the lazy ones. Ams and Iris won't do it but Abigail will and shares with Nibbles who is probably too small to get into one and the greys are pretty good at it except for Aspen who is a debutante and Tuchis who could play with one all day and never get it open!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Sometimes I might start a walnut for the zonnie boys and Jen. She's a lazy one she will not working almond out of the shell, Kazoo will he's a piggy!

Hoosier likes his nuts already shelled. :D

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I have a mixed flock, greys, Amazons, Galahs, two Ekkie boys, a D2, and some Linnies. I feed mostly Roudybush but do a 50/50 mix of Roudybush and Goldenfeast Petite Hookbill for the Linnies along with fresh and nuts for the bigger birds, more so for the greys than anything, sitting mostly on walnuts in the shell and some almonds and pistachios for the lazier birds. I'm really happy with the Petite Hookbill and use it occasionally to mix with mash that gets too watery that goes to everyone but was wondering if anyone uses some of the other Goldenfeast mixes with their birds and could recommend some of the other mixes! Thanks!
Where do you get your Goldenfeast? I get it directly from the company because that is all Bella will eat besides pellets and with my order, I always get a sample of one of their other blends. The price and expiration dates are usually better also. They are available to answer questions about their mixes also help with food donations when the shelters get birds from hoarding situations. I am not a fan of the basic cockatiel mix because there are a lot of sunflower seeds in it and Bella is not a fan of sunflower seeds. She will eat the conure mix and I just got a sample of the Australian mixed and I am trying to figure out if she likes it or not.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Petite Hookbill Legume is too small for my guys and Hookbill Legume is too big lol. I also don't like the whole peanuts in it. They seem to like the Conure Gourmet Blend best so far but honestly aren't really into any of them a ton.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
@Princessbella I carry the line with my store. My supplier moves quite alot of it, date codes onhand are all into April, May and early fall of 2019.

I use the mixes too, so I am buying frequently lol :D

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
@Princessbella I carry the line with my store. My supplier moves quite alot of it, date codes onhand are all into April, May and early fall of 2019.

I use the mixes too, so I am buying frequently lol :D
I'm sorry, I wasn't talking about you or all vendors. I had bought from another online store and then from Goldenfeast directly at the same time and noticed how different the dates were. Thank you for letting me know that you sell it. I wound up having to buy it directly because for a while when I first got Bella, almost 4 years ago not a lot of vendors were carrying it so I got used to buying it from there.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I'm sorry, I wasn't talking about you or all vendors. I had bought from another online store and then from Goldenfeast directly at the same time and noticed how different the dates were. Thank you for letting me know that you sell it. I wound up having to buy it directly because for a while when I first got Bella, almost 4 years ago not a lot of vendors were carrying it so I got used to buying it from there.
I agree, not many do carry it. And I am all about fresh dates! My dog food and cat food I check all dates, moreso why I buy that in Person so I can check the dates.

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
For those that buy directly from the Goldenfeast website - how long does it take to ship? I place my first order last week - and it still says "Processing"

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Usually I have mine within a week

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
For those that buy directly from the Goldenfeast website - how long does it take to ship? I place my first order last week - and it still says "Processing"
For me it is usually a week also. If you don't get it within 10 days, call them. They are very receptive to problems.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm interested in Goldenfeast products also. My Linnie Gigi eats Roudybush pellets and now the soft Higgins Worldly Cuisine each day. I want to add something to those pellets and I definitely like the ingredients in the Goldenfeast Goldn'obles III. Recommendations?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm interested in Goldenfeast products also. My Linnie Gigi eats Roudybush pellets and now the soft Higgins Worldly Cuisine each day. I want to add something to those pellets and I definitely like the ingredients in the Goldenfeast Goldn'obles III. Recommendations?

Goldenfeast Goldn'obles definitely have good ingredients. I use them in foragers as a diet supplement because my birds don't get enough natural sunlight to use them year round as a base of the diet. I have had less success with the mixes; they tend to eat a few things and leave the rest. The Petite Hookbill Legume was a favorite of my green cheek who preferred smaller foods!

BirdManDan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dan

The goldenfeast mixes have quite a bit more nuts in them than I like my birds to eat on a daily basis. I only use nuts for training and occasionally for treats or foragng. I love the TOP's cold pressed organic pellets and I mix it in their chop and birdie bread. It does not contain any added vitamins including D3 but since my birds are outside in sunny South Florida that is not an issue for me. If your birds don't get enough unfiltered sun you can always supplement the D3!

If you are trying to convert your birds to a pellet diet supplemented daily with a chop of fruits, vegetables, with very limited nuts, and seeds, there is a good conversion guide and another guide you can download for free in a PDF format. They are for one brand of pellets but the same can be done with whatever pellets you decide to go with. As I said before I love TOPs. The pellets are softer than most, crumble easily and can be eaten by most parrots from small to large. The nice thing is any left over dust (as long as it's not dirty with poop) can be added to their chop or even their birdie bread so there is little wasted!

Pellet-Useage-Report-.pdf

pelletconversionguide.pdf

TOP’s Pellets™ are perfect for parrots of all sizes, from macaws to budgies. Our signature, proprietary blend is made with 100 percent sustainable, ecologically-grown ingredients from the United States and is cold-pressed to keep the natural nutrition intact. These specialized pellets are all natural and do not contain any fillers, like soy or corn, artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, wheat, nuts or sucrose/sugar.

NO BHA, BHT or ethoxyquin.

Ingredients:

Organic hulled millet, ecologically sustainable alfalfa, Organic barley, ecologically sustainable rice, organic sunflower seed hulled, organic sesame seeds unhulled, organic quinoa whole, organic buckwheat hulled, organic dandelion leaf powder, organic carrot powder, organic spinach leaf powder, organic purple dulse, kelp, organic rose hips powder, organic rose hips crushed, organic orange peel powder, organic lemon peel powder, organic rosemary whole leaf, organic cayenne ground, organic crushed red chili peppers, organic nettle leaf.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude protein minimum 13%, Crude oils and fats minimum 6%, Crude fiber minimum 11%

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Goldenfeast Goldn'obles definitely have good ingredients. I use them in foragers as a diet supplement because my birds don't get enough natural sunlight to use them year round as a base of the diet. I have had less success with the mixes; they tend to eat a few things and leave the rest. The Petite Hookbill Legume was a favorite of my green cheek who preferred smaller foods!
I did receive my order today...One of the items I ordered was the Goldn'obles III- small beak. I received a package that was labelled as Goldn'obles Original. Is there a difference? These are very small granules...and darker than the picture on the website. I did not see anything on their site as "original"

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I did receive my order today...One of the items I ordered was the Goldn'obles III- small beak. I received a package that was labelled as Goldn'obles Original. Is there a difference? These are very small granules...and darker than the picture on the website. I did not see anything on their site as "original"

There are three Goldenfeast Goldn'obles

I for Large Beaks
II for Medium Beaks
III for Small Beaks

They are dark pellets; that is how I've always known them. The photos on the website may look different on different monitors/screens.

I have both the Large and medium beak sizes and both say Goldn'obles Original with a sticker elsewhere that says the beak size. It is all the same stuff with updated packaging

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
There are three Goldenfeast Goldn'obles

I for Large Beaks
II for Medium Beaks
III for Small Beaks

They are dark pellets; that is how I've always known them. The photos on the website may look different on different monitors/screens.

I have both the Large and medium beak sizes and both say Goldn'obles Original with a sticker elsewhere that says the beak size. It is all the same stuff with updated packaging
@Mizzely , THANK YOU for explaining this!!