• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goldenfeast petite hookbill legume blend preparation?

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I have given the larger mixes to my Quakers - the Petite is more for the budgies and tiels as far as I could tell. What kind of food is he eating now? As in does he like fresh corn on the cob or steamed corn, raw broccoli, rices, pasta, fresh chopped fruit like apple? Mix wise, I have Higgins sunburst, safflower and cockatiel. Though I also have more exotic mixes like yucatan for the conures. Grapes were also liked, as well as the centers of any bell peppers or hot peppers.
Thanks Sandra! Yes, it may be too small for him. He likes handheld stuff.

He eats (soaked) zupreem natural pellets for breakfast. Sprouted seeds after breakfast. He gets a veggie kabob in the morning too with a mix of different things (corn on the cob, sugar snap pea, spinach, carrot, kale, etc)and it always has some kind of pepper on it cause he loves the seeds!

Then in the evening he gets a plate of veggies (some raw and some cooked) with a couple of fruits and either quinoa or oatmeal with more sprouts on the side. Sometimes I throw in a little egg or beans.

And to cap off the night I give him a few more soaked pellets. Then he gets a dehydrated fruit and 5 Sunflower seeds to go bed with

I really want to get him to try some birdie bread but I've been so busy (and lazy)to make some.

Eta* he also gets a couple of nuts and nutriberries to forage for during the day

Is that an ok diet? I'm always looking for the most convenient way to give him the best nutrition.

Last edited: