• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goldenfeast Brand

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Today, I came across a bird food and supply website that said it was no longer carrying Goldenfeast products because of "recent unfavorable changes" on the part of the company. Does anyone know what this could be about? Thanks in advance.

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
If you're talking about MSBS, I think I remember it being due to the fact that Goldenfeast doesn't allow vendors to sell their food in repackaged/bulk bags, they only allowed sale in original packaging. I might be wrong, though.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
If you're talking about MSBS, I think I remember it being due to the fact that Goldenfeast doesn't allow vendors to sell their food in repackaged/bulk bags, they only allowed sale in original packaging. I might be wrong, though.
Yes, thats the site. I am surprised if MSBS dropped the brand because of that reason, as I find it to be a reasonable request on the part of the company.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
That was a few years ago. I ordered what MSBS was substituting for Golden feast and the appearance was such that I called MSBS and got a refund. Now I buy from Goldenfeaast Direct only.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
That was a few years ago. I ordered what MSBS was substituting for Golden feast and the appearance was such that I called MSBS and got a refund. Now I buy from Goldenfeaast Direct only.
Interesting! I am glad to hear that Goldenfeast is still a reputable bird food supplier as I know my birds generally love anything I get from them. I used to buy regularly from MSBS but havent for at least a year... I didnt know when this disclaimer popped up on their website, but it said it would remove the brand name once all its stock was sold out.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I really like the Goldenfeast company and the ingredients they put in their bird foods. My birdies like it too which is important.

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Interesting! I am glad to hear that Goldenfeast is still a reputable bird food supplier as I know my birds generally love anything I get from them. I used to buy regularly from MSBS but havent for at least a year... I didnt know when this disclaimer popped up on their website, but it said it would remove the brand name once all its stock was sold out.

MSBS is bad about leaving those pages up. Their Happy Perch page has been up since 2013.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Goldenfeast like Higgins who has joined ranks with Versele Laga. As did Goldenfeast! I had no idea until Goldenfeast came packaged with a Versele Laga box. I do not like the Versa Laga brand, there are preservatives in some of the foods that I will not carry, nor will I feed. While I don't understand the world wide partnership, unless money was exchanged?

Goldenfeast refrains from anyone repackaging their foods. And I agree, that this practice should not be done ever. Many do this, it's makes for a larger profit, but there is too much room for error on a package being opened, freshness, to contamination (IMO)

No listing of the ingredient preservatives, I thought I had read on a package the use of BHA or BHT <---big NO NO in any pet food! This is all that is listed on the site of the Amazon species food.
Technological Additives
Preservatives | Antioxidants

Sensory additives
Colourants