• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Going to the cage factory.

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
Watch out. If you're being a Bad Daddy they can put YOU in it!:roflmao:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Beast of a cage!

SeverelySweet

Sprinting down the street
Totally jelly....that's an awesome birdie-pad!

Though I can tell ya, something like that would be wasted on Syd....he barely uses the space he currently has. He's either in front of his food and water, or in his favorite perching spot (when he's actually in his cage, I mean). I know his eyesight gets worse by the day, but quite honestly, I don't think he ever really learned how to play. He was part of a breeding pair, and I've come to believe that's really all he ever did or knew how to do all his life. Siiighhh....I've tried getting him to play with me (he's starting to like peekaboo finally.....or, least it doesn't scare the crap out of him anymore), tried playing with toys (he's terrified of anything and everything), and he doesn't touch a single one of the few toys he's let me put in his cage (that is, after he's done attacking them if they're new).

But, hope springs eternal...and if not, that's ok too.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
jumping jimmnies that cage is HUGE . I hope the fids love it....

Joey wade

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Joey wade
One of the reasons I got a new cage was so that I could relocate the old ones outside for the fids to get some fresh air and sun outside. Well I finally moved them and seems like they love it!
20170831_160011.jpg
20170831_155908.jpg

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
It really is amazing how much Macaws love to be "outside". Outside, is all I have to say and Jasper is running towards the door. This is her favorite time of year, because most days she can stay "outside" several hours.

Joey wade

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Joey wade
They look like really healthy macaws!
What do you feed them, or what is available in Thailand for birds?
Thanks, Joey, the B&G is the epitome of health. My GW, Vader, has had a fair share of health issues, but seems to be doing better (you can't see it in the picture, but he's missing his tail) . I feed both of them zupreem pellets and almonds/walnuts. Joey also gets a ton of veggies and some fruit. Vader is super picky and refuses to eat anything other than pellets and seed. I sprinkle the pellets with red palm oil and he tastes each one to make sure it's RPO free. I'm actually on the way now to get some formula and a syringe to see if he'll take a tiny bit of "health tonic" each night before bedtime. He's finally started to molt and I really would like him to have the RPO and some veggies.