• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Going on vacation

MrPickles

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
chris
we are going on vacation in a few days and have some friends coming to stay at our house so that the y birdie and the dogs don't get lonely. This is my first time leaving him.... any hints?

I have left a list of his common greetings etc so they can "communicate with him

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
Feeding times.
Water changes.
Fruits & veg he likes... what NOT to feed him.
Vet number.
Things that might set him off (upset him).
Music he likes. :heart:

MrPickles

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
chris
Feeding times.
Water changes.
Fruits & veg he likes... what NOT to feed him.
Vet number.
Things that might set him off (upset him).
Music he likes. :heart:
got that all down!

Elliott

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elliott
@MrPickles Hi, I remember when I left my boy the first time with a friend that had birds. It was not only one time I left him but I was a nervous wreck. Calling her every couple of hours. One time when I brought him over I was in tears leaving him that my friend literally pushed me out the door. That afternoon I came home (we were leaving at night) and my friend came over and saw me staring at his cage. She said, “Elaine, do you want me to sit I his cage so it won’t look empty”. I had to laugh but it took me years to stop the incessant calling. I still hate to leave him but he is always fine. We love our little babies and it is hard. He will be ok- I promise