• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goffin's and Conure?

NandayLover

Walking the driveway
Does anyone here own a Goffin's too and a Conure? How do they get along? Do they mind each other's space? Could you show a picture of a Goffin's next to the Conure for size comparison?

Thanks in advance!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
The chances of those two species becoming friends are low to none. Very contrasting personalities. They are not even from the same part of the world so those two species would never even see each other much less meet.

Stranger things have happened but I sure wouldn't count on it.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
The chances of those two species becoming friends are low to none. Very contrasting personalities. They are not even from the same part of the world so those two species would never even see each other much less meet.

Stranger things have happened but I sure wouldn't count on it.
Agree completely.

We have a situation that closely resembles your scenario...Buddy (Nanday) has been added to the flock recently. Milton (U2) and him are not happy with each other. Whenever they see each other...it's like they're looking daggers at each other. When Buddy vocalizes, Milton tells him to "SHUT UP...BAD BIRD" in a sharp, correcting tone of voice.
They're not going to get along, and we're not going to force a relationship. Hey, sometimes members of a family don't get along, either...

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
A Goffin considers every thing and every space his. They mind everybody else's business and go everywhere.
That said, I tried to get a size comparison of my G2 and BCC but it was hard to get them in the same plane for reference and I was surprised I got as many seconds to try as I did. They both hate the camera VERY much. In reality Sunny is NEVER on Will's spaces because Will will chase him. Sunny is about 300g and Will about 200g.
My Goffin (33, wild-caught) is the most NON-aggressive bird ever. He can get along fine in physical contact with a HM and budgie. NOT with a male BFA - hours of screaming. He can never be out unsupervised for even seconds or he's into something.
My BCC ( in his 40s, wild-caught) is also not aggressive but doesn't wish to be in physical proximity to any bird. He's allowed out all day as he does mind his own business and keeps to his own space.
Here's the pics I managed. Definitely "I'm not happy Mom" body language from both.
IMG_3876.JPG

IMG_3878.JPG

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I dont think Goffins share very well with other birds ..at least mine doesnt ..he has challanged Tyrion my Grey twice since he has come into my house ..he hasnt gotten very far cuz I intervene always ...I never leave them along together just in case ...someone is always watching when everyone is out together ...who knows maybe they might become friends but I kinds doubt it Tyrion is very jelly of Ghost and the same goes for Ghost ..but it has only been 3 months so who knows ...I would hate to see any kind of fight between the two cuz there would be no winners there except for the vet ....Are you looking to get a Goffins to add to you flock :)

NandayLover

Walking the driveway
A Goffin considers every thing and every space his. They mind everybody else's business and go everywhere.
That said, I tried to get a size comparison of my G2 and BCC but it was hard to get them in the same plane for reference and I was surprised I got as many seconds to try as I did. They both hate the camera VERY much. In reality Sunny is NEVER on Will's spaces because Will will chase him. Sunny is about 300g and Will about 200g.
My Goffin (33, wild-caught) is the most NON-aggressive bird ever. He can get along fine in physical contact with a HM and budgie. NOT with a male BFA - hours of screaming. He can never be out unsupervised for even seconds or he's into something.
My BCC ( in his 40s, wild-caught) is also not aggressive but doesn't wish to be in physical proximity to any bird. He's allowed out all day as he does mind his own business and keeps to his own space.
Here's the pics I managed. Definitely "I'm not happy Mom" body language from both.
View attachment 251608

View attachment 251609
Thank you!

NandayLover

Walking the driveway
Thanks everyone! I don't have a G2 but I've always wanted one but I have 5 Conures who are kind of the boss of the house

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Depends on the bird but my Goffin's does not play well with other birds except for my BFA. When she has gotten out of the cage unsupervised she has bothered others through the bars of their cages and hurt them. These were birds smaller than her: conure & 'tiel. She bugs the BFA, too, but they generally don't fight although last time I found her out and about my BFA's cere was bleeding. Since they generally get along I'm assuming she kept bugging him and he didn't like that and they started fighting through the bars. Once Keno makes up her mind that she wants attention from Casey she doesn't leave him alone. However he usually "growls" at her and moves away but she can be very persistent.