• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Glacier

Glacier313

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Liana
IMG_20160811_114102.jpg
~August, 2013 - February 10, 2017~

Hello. It's been a very long time since I was last on this site, but I felt I should at least update.

Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life.

I woke up in the morning to find Glacier egg bound and in pain. My dad rushed her to the vet while I was at school.

The veterinarian removed the egg and they had her in stable condition until around 4:00.

She had a seizure and passed away; only 30 minutes before we were scheduled to see her and check in on her.

We drove out to pick her up and I sobbed the entire way there and back. I cried for hours that night.

We buried her in the wildflower garden, near where her mother GG and her sister Dove had both been put to rest as well.

I'm still in shock that she's gone. She was my sweet baby, my best friend, overall the most amazing bird.

Yellowface has been calling for her all day today, as well as the rest of the flock.

I just don't know what to do, I feel hollow. Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with this?

Thank you for listening,

-Liana

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
in time the good memories will out weigh this i am so sorry for your loss

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
I'm so sorry. You're not alone. Try to be strong and supportive to the rest of your flock. I would take breaks to cry and talk to my lost ones, it made me feel a bit better. I think they stay around and can hear us.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so very sorry for your loss.

The other birds know there is someone missing and will call for them. I know it's so very hard to comfort them because you're grieving also.

Wings High, Glacier...

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I'm so very sorry about your loss of little Glacier.:sadhug2: I hope your other birds will make you feel better right now, and at some point your memories of her will help.:sorrow:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sorrow:

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm very sorry for your loss :sadhug2:

Take some solace in knowing that your girl is no longer suffering :sorrow: And try to be there for the flock you have left. You can all grieve for Glacier together :sad6: Time will lessen the pain :sorrow:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Very sad indeed to lose your little budgie. As a former hospice nurse I can suggest a couple of things in this early stage of your grief. Fist is to think of all the good times you had with her, when she was cute and sweet or even a bit nasty and write them down in a memory book. If you have photos include them in the book. Write a poem too. The other thing that may help is to make a small memorial to her, maybe place on a table top so you and everyone that cared about her can see. :hug9:Did you save any feathers?

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Th
Very sad indeed to lose your little budgie. As a former hospice nurse I can suggest a couple of things in this early stage of your grief. Fist is to think of all the good times you had with her, when she was cute and sweet or even a bit nasty and write them down in a memory book. If you have photos include them in the book. Write a poem too. The other thing that may help is to make a small memorial to her, maybe place on a table top so you and everyone that cared about her can see. :hug9:
These are lovely ways to remember :fairy:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so sorry for your loss. :sorrow:
My advice is to cry, make a memorial place and just remember all the good and happy things as much as you can.
I also light a candle every night and talk to them like they still are alive, it has always helped me.

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Liana, I am so sorry for your loss of Glacier. Your grief and pain is a testament of your love and care for her. In time, your memories will comfort you and you will be able to smile when you think of her. Your other birds are grieving also...:sadhug2::sadhug2:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very sorry for your loss.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
oh sweetie I am so sorry for your loss.

❤ Rosette ❤

Meeting neighbors
I'm incredibly sorry for her death.
:sadhug2:

This might be a dumb suggestion, but perhaps making a little headstone tribute to her could help you with the closure aspect of it? I'm an artsy person myself, though, so this tactic might not be for everyone.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss:sorrow:
:sadhug2:

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road