• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gingus Conure

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Sadly, I am checking in to announce the loss of my Baby Gus. Things have been unsettled since late September when a pipe burst and flooded my apartment. Gus was boarded for over 3 weeks while I was in a motel. She was housed in my bedroom once I returned. I decided I needed to move to a place with no stairs. She had less out of cage time for a couple of weeks while I was in and out with packing. I let her out at 8 PM last Friday night. I was in another room for about 20 minutes. I found her dead on the floor, blood around her nostrils and beak, when I returned. Necropsy revealed severe damage to her trachea and a severed carotid artery. I don't know if all the changes unsettled her and caused her to fly into a wall. All the windows were covered. But whatever happened, I am heartbroken. We were supposed to grow old together. I had thought that she might well outlive me. I know I'm too old for another 25 year parrot but too young to not have a companion bird. I have moved into a small studio apartment with an elevator. Needing a smaller cage, as well as a shorter lived bird, has made me decide to return to my birdie roots: a budgie. I have located a breeder who hand raises budgies just over 100 miles from me. So, after the holidays, I will be getting a new roommate. Not that this will replace Gussie, just as Gussie didn't replace Buddy. But I can't imagine life without a feathered friend.

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
That is awful, I'm so sorry that happened.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
OH MAN, I'm so sorry to hear that happened:sadhug:Maybe when you've had some time you can open yourself to another used parrot who needs a loving home.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry for your loss.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so sorry for your loss.

Wings Forever High, Gus...

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
They fly into our hearts and leave feather dust on our souls forever.....
I'm so sorry for your loss of Gus.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry for your loss.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sorrow:...so sorry...

Yes, as some have said there may be an older parrot put there whose owner is unable to keep them looking for a loving home.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss of Gus.
:sadhug2:

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
I have checked the only local rescue, all the SPCAs within 75 miles, and Craig's list. I have had a couple of rescues in the past. All things considered, I believe a hand fed baby budgie is the right decision for me. Since this is likely to be my last bird (barring another sad accident), I want it to be undamaged by a previous owner. I spend my work day with children with disabilities. I don't want to be a birdie therapist as well. I hope you understand.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I hope you understand.
I understand completely. After Marley passed, I searched just about everywhere high and low to try to find and adopt a budgie. After two months of looking and driving after a fake posting on CL, I got lucky and got an opportunity to adopt Harlequin. I'll be quite honest...I was about to go to our local pet store and buy a budgie...I'm so happy Harley came into our lives.

Hopefully, we'll see a post about you welcoming a budgie into your home soon...:)

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so sorry! :sorrow:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Sadly, I am checking in to announce the loss of my Baby Gus. Things have been unsettled since late September when a pipe burst and flooded my apartment. Gus was boarded for over 3 weeks while I was in a motel. She was housed in my bedroom once I returned. I decided I needed to move to a place with no stairs. She had less out of cage time for a couple of weeks while I was in and out with packing. I let her out at 8 PM last Friday night. I was in another room for about 20 minutes. I found her dead on the floor, blood around her nostrils and beak, when I returned. Necropsy revealed severe damage to her trachea and a severed carotid artery. I don't know if all the changes unsettled her and caused her to fly into a wall. All the windows were covered. But whatever happened, I am heartbroken. We were supposed to grow old together. I had thought that she might well outlive me. I know I'm too old for another 25 year parrot but too young to not have a companion bird. I have moved into a small studio apartment with an elevator. Needing a smaller cage, as well as a shorter lived bird, has made me decide to return to my birdie roots: a budgie. I have located a breeder who hand raises budgies just over 100 miles from me. So, after the holidays, I will be getting a new roommate. Not that this will replace Gussie, just as Gussie didn't replace Buddy. But I can't imagine life without a feathered friend.
Once you've had feathers in your life it's hard not to have any. :sorrow: I'm sorry for your loss, this is what I consider a fairly emotional time of year for losses. :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Oh how awful, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. :sadhug2: