• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gigi put her feather in my hair

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was sitting and talking to my son while Gigi was busy on the back of the sofa behind me, messing with my updo hair and barrette. Finally she left and I went to rearrange my hair. I felt a hard thread in there and thought she broke my barrette, but no, it was a full feather, tucked into my loose bun. I guess she lost it while playing back there and then decided to hide it. Just so cute.

UrbanSylvanus

Strolling the yard
Aww, that really is cute!

I didn't find a Machi feather in my hair (yet) but I did find one in our rice! Definitely confused as to how it got from the second floor to the first, and definitely glad I was the one to find it first before my mother blew a gasket about feather infused rice!

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
I was sitting and talking to my son while Gigi was busy on the back of the sofa behind me, messing with my updo hair and barrette. Finally she left and I went to rearrange my hair. I felt a hard thread in there and thought she broke my barrette, but no, it was a full feather, tucked into my loose bun. I guess she lost it while playing back there and then decided to hide it. Just so cute.
She was doing a little hairstyling back there!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww, that really is cute!

I didn't find a Machi feather in my hair (yet) but I did find one in our rice! Definitely confused as to how it got from the second floor to the first, and definitely glad I was the one to find it first before my mother blew a gasket about feather infused rice!
LOL "feather infused rice" - amazing where you find feathers!

She was doing a little hairstyling back there!
Actually I can use all the help I can get. Aging hair sucks. :(

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
LOL I did! I have a mason jar full of feathers now for my build-a-bird workshop. I think I need to get a bigger jar. :)

View attachment 315227
Oh I love that idea. I currently use baggies but it gets them static charged. I also put all 3 birds in the same bag so I don't quite know who some of the feathers belong to :lol:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
How cute! Bella does that with when she is molting. If she is on my shoulder, that side of my hair is full of her little molted feathers.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh I love that idea. I currently use baggies but it gets them static charged. I also put all 3 birds in the same bag so I don't quite know who some of the feathers belong to :lol:
For more than 30 years I had a big bag full of feathers. The most spectacular were from my GW macaw and OW amazon. Gorgeous. When we downsized I threw it away and really regret it. I was on a roll and got rid of probably 75% of my belongings and started fresh.

How cute! Bella does that with when she is molting. If she is on my shoulder, that side of my hair is full of her little molted feathers.
Aww! Bella is adorable. I've never had it happen to me until now!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Free green accessories!

I have a ton of feathers, haven't decided what I'll do with them yet.