• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ghost oh my ....

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Ghost is doing well with his screaming but some days you just want to scream back at him and have a screaming feast ...but the funny thing is when he is screaming for no reason I go into the living room and I tell him ..Ghost what is your problem quit screaming your being to noisy and not nice you better stop it or there is going to be trouble ..he looks at me and throws his head back and says something that sounds like OK and then he grumbles at me a lil bit which sort of sounds like he is telling me off and goes to his perch ... :giggle:

20180707_165318.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
That's really good that Ghost does that. Elvis would just scream more. LOL.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Well its not all the time he does that .... LOL :bash:
Elvis was an angel almost all day yesterday- until he wasn't. LOL. I think he just got overly tired and the screaming started. There was no reason. He just wanted to scream. So he did. For a long time. :rolleyes: And then he kept waking up and screaming. So, I think I really have to work on not letting him get worked up near bedtime because it comes back to bite me. And he still got up at 5:45 a.m. this morning even though I know he was still tired. :arghh:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...sometimes a good screamfest helps relieve the tension. We regularly have screamfests...by the time it ends all the birds are involved...;)

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I like scream fests. I am usually the one who starts that lol. Unless Freddy gets mad at me, then he does this horrible sounding scream that sounds like he's being killed. It's very scary and I hate it. So needless to say when that starts I switch gears! Unless I am cage cleaning, sometimes he does it then!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Unless Freddy gets mad at me, then he does this horrible sounding scream that sounds like he's being killed. It's very scary and I hate it.
Milton is an expert at the "I'M DYING HERE" scream...it's nasty sounding, for sure. When Elvis was here, he also had the "cockatoo death scream"...it was more pitiful than nasty. I'd come into the room and tell Elvis.."You have to do better than that, big boy"...;)

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Milton is an expert at the "I'M DYING HERE" scream...it's nasty sounding, for sure. When Elvis was here, he also had the "cockatoo death scream"...it was more pitiful than nasty. I'd come into the room and tell Elvis.."You have to do better than that, big boy"...;)
Hahahahaha so they ALL do that?! I can't think of anything to tell you in comparison to what it sounds like but it's a scarey sounding scream. Almost like a horn but a deep bull horn. I looked at Joe the first time we heard it and said WHAT WAS THAT. It's a very foreign sound and creepy!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
What? My angel bird doing the death scream? :jawdrop1: LOL. Yes, he's an expert at the pathetic someone is killing me scream. I usually ask him if someone is pinching him. Sometimes he nods yes. :rolleyes:

And as we've discussed before, after he does his screaming protest about having to go to bed, he'll follow up with that pathetically sad sounding "good night Elvis" which just slays me.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
What? My angel bird doing the death scream? :jawdrop1: LOL. Yes, he's an expert at the pathetic someone is killing me scream. I usually ask him if someone is pinching him. Sometimes he nods yes. :rolleyes:
He does agree with a lot of things! :yes3:
And as we've discussed before, after he does his screaming protest about having to go to bed, he'll follow up with that pathetically sad sounding "good night Elvis" which just slays me.
...and that equally pathetic "I love Elvis" just before "Good night Elvis"...it makes you feel SO bad for him...at least for a second...until you realize that's EXACTLY what he wants you to feel...:sneaky:

Your angel bird is one manipulating son of a gun...;) :rofl:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He does agree with a lot of things! :yes3:

...and that equally pathetic "I love Elvis" just before "Good night Elvis"...it makes you feel SO bad for him...at least for a second...until you realize that's EXACTLY what he wants you to feel...:sneaky:

Your angel bird is one manipulating son of a gun...;) :rofl:
Lol. That he is. Way too smart.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
...sometimes a good screamfest helps relieve the tension. We regularly have screamfests...by the time it ends all the birds are involved...;)
Yes, why not? If it isn't harming someone so :) Their is no right or wrong as long as it is working. And screaming is natural to a parrot so..
but the funny thing is when he is screaming for no reason I go into the living room and I tell him ..Ghost what is your problem quit screaming your being to noisy and not nice you better stop it or there is going to be trouble ..he looks at me and throws his head back and says something that sounds like OK and then he grumbles at me a lil bit which sort of sounds like he is telling me off and goes to his perch ... :giggle:
When Eliy screams for warning me or Akela for something, I go to her, tell her that we also have seen it, and give her some love and talk nice to her.
That was the best way that worked for us.
Today she often only screams once or twice, because she knows I listen, and that nothing bad happens.
Her last owner did throw her of the perch when she did that, so I'm very proud of her. ♥

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Yes, why not? If it isn't harming someone so :) Their is no right or wrong as long as it is working. And screaming is natural to a parrot so..

When Eliy screams for warning me or Akela for something, I go to her, tell her that we also have seen it, and give her some love and talk nice to her.
That was the best way that worked for us.
Today she often only screams once or twice, because she knows I listen, and that nothing bad happens.
Her last owner did throw her of the perch when she did that, so I'm very proud of her. ♥
That's so sad that she got tossed of her perch for trying to do her job of watching over her flock :( I would tell Nerd thank you for warning me so I don't get eaten by the Hawk outside, good job.
One day I raised my hand while Lurch was sitting on my knee and he screamed and flinched, I hate to think what he must have went through after his beloved very old man owner was put in a home and he was left with the rest of the family that didn't care.
Lurch learned I paid attention to his wishes and warnings so the screaming and biting lessened a lot. Nerd loved to do his wicked loud jungle flock call when he couldn't see us in the morning and it was a true jungle piercing BUUHWEEEP! No Maxi since has made that call to me. Lurch used to do a kind of WOOO!
Dobby I don't think knows a flock call but he loves to whistle loudly to get attention or comment on good or bad things and says DOBBY!, I'M DOBBY etc.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Lola can be quiet all day most days.... but just walk past her when you're on the phone.. and she starts screaming. Geez... can't a person sneak around on the phone? Not in this house. :angry101:

doodadz

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leilani
I use it a lot. I whisper to all of them when they start screaming. If they really want to hear you they have to stop and listen. Like someone posted previously, if you listen and acknowledge them when they start, as you would any other family member, it helps.