• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ghost has to leave his new home ...

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So like it says ..Im crushed ...My friend has become ill and Ghost needs a new home ...I have asked to bring him home and was told no way ...but I was wondering about the room thing again ...how upset do you all think if I was to make a room for him ..he would be alone in there and Im not really happy about that ..or I might have to find him some sort of companion for him ...I refuse to move the other birds in a room as they are very happy being where they are ..Tyrion would hate it he loves being around me all the time … what would be a good compromise … I just don't know … :(

received_2104249022984341.jpeg

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What I would do is get my bird back and deal with renovations once he was home.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry. I don't know how well he'd do in a room by himself. I actually have a bird room for Elvis but I still end up keeping him downstairs because he can still hang out with the fiancé, even though in his cage, when the fiancé is home. Can Ghost be in a cage where the other birds are but then take him to a separate room for out of the cage time?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If I were you I would get him back and make a room for him. So sorry that this happened.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry.

BirdEE

Walking the driveway
If I recall correctly the reason for him to be in a separate room is because he likes to scream and your family members don’t want to deal with it? And that being the reason you got rid of him in the first place?

If that’s the case, I say take him to a bird rescue. His situation is bordering on heartbreaking, bouncing around between houses that can’t take care of him.

Perhaps even someone here used to the screaming of a cockatoo would take him. He needs to find one good home to live out his days that don’t mind his screaming. I personally would never have an animal that is locked in a room separate from their family. That’s like solitary confinement.

Last edited: