• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Getting to know each other been a week, next step?

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Oh wow, I didn't even think of a peeler. It's true, a very big learning process for both of us. I'm not sure if tossing the food out mean he doesn't like it or that's the way a Grey eats?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh wow, I didn't even think of a peeler. It's true, a very big learning process for both of us. I'm not sure if tossing the food out mean he doesn't like it or that's the way a Grey eats?
No grey's here but MC grabs his little chop cup and FLINGS it when he's done eating. Doesn't mean he doesn't like the chop, he's just "done with that right now" .

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Thanks for letting me know. I had a wild caught Amazon and she wouldn't go near veggies. I had cockatiels that ate fruit and veggies but they had wonderful manners. LOL. I'll just keep giving him a variety and see what happens.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thanks for letting me know. I had a wild caught Amazon and she wouldn't go near veggies. I had cockatiels that ate fruit and veggies but they had wonderful manners. LOL. I'll just keep giving him a variety and see what happens.
Mine are both wild caught.

You just have to keep at them. Parrots are sort of like toddlers. They see you eat in front of them, then one day they try it. Or...... it is steamed or chopped or shredded or in slivers or chunks or whole on a skewer....

Then again, maybe they just give up and figure we aren't going to poison them.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
That's funny they are like toddlers. Now I have another dilemma. I started a new thread but no answers. Paco will not get on the only perch in his cage now, it fell twice and I don't know what to do. I can't let him stay on top of his cage!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That's funny they are like toddlers. Now I have another dilemma. I started a new thread but no answers. Paco will not get on the only perch in his cage now, it fell twice and I don't know what to do. I can't let him stay on top of his cage!
I'll go look for that one

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
So I took some advice rearranged the perches, he didn't like that LOL. Put them back and told him they are fine. Showed him with my hand and he sat on them just fine. Told him I'm getting a new one and will put it in the back for him to get used to and he said, "O.K." That's the second time he said ok after I told him something. He cracks me up and has won my heart!