• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Getting the cold shoulder......

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
I have ordered a daybed for the guest bedroom. We have had a futon on there for a year and Black Jack claimed it as his. Since I am now trying to sell the futon I cleaned it up and got the dog hair off of it and closed the door to the room so he cannot get back on it.
He has 3 other dog beds in the house and will sleep in our bed with us sometimes. He slept on the floor last night in protest. He is ignoring me today. Giving me dirty looks. Turning his head away from me when I pet him or talk to him. Refusing to eat his breakfast. Doing these little pathetic whines. He won't even go outside with me to potty. Waited for Hubs to get up and went out with him. Temper tantrum much?!?!?!

He is really going to be mad when the bed arrives and I leave the door open again. The bed is too high for his poor 3 legged self to be able to climb onto.
Daybed w trundle.jpg

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Can you use the pet steps they make so animals can climb onto higher up things?

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
I really do not want him on that bed. It is a guest bed and while most of our guests are dog lovers and do not mind it, I do have a couple of guests that may not like it and a 2nd cousin that is allergic to dogs.

He is the most spoiled dog we have ever owned. I have never allowed a dog on the bed or on any furniture until we got Black Jack. He is also the first short haired dog we have ever had and the first disabled, so he gets treated royally. He has 3 doggie beds through out the house, my bed and a huge couch he can sleep on.

I do have plans in the future to get him the doggie stairs for my bed. He manages to jump up now, but if those joints ever wear down in his old age, Momma already has a plan to make sure that my little boy still gets to sleep in luxury!

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Nice bed. Very pretty colors.