• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Getting bird back into cage

0luciel0

Moving in
Hi, it's me again. I let my lovebird out of his cage today for a fly around because I was scared of him getting sad. I played some lovebird sounds, and he was having loads of fun and flying around! However, it got had when it came to getting him back. I took the top off the cage, but he wouldn't go in, just sit on the edges of the cage. After many hours of googling, I had to use a blanket. I know it's scary for them and I felt so bad but I didn't want to frighten him anymore by trying to use a perch to guide him back to the cage. Should I maybe wait a bit more to tame him? I don't know what snacks he likes yet.

Thanks!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Have you tried leaving the cage door open, and putting a piece of millet spray in his cage? Most lovebirds love millet spray.

0luciel0

Moving in
I don’t actually have millet spray. I have single pieces and honey bars with millet in, but I can’t find it anywhere. Plus, Sprite doesn’t seem to be bothered. He eats a little but doesn’t love it. I’m trying him on different fruits and veggies.