• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Getting an Emerald Toucanet

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Of the different people I talked to Curl crested are very nice birds with equally nice personalities. •Congrats and love hearing about the greens, curls, emerals...my personal favorite....ivory billed.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Your choice of a username is a little ironic. Proving that the best laid plans of mice and men, oft go astray.:)
Here are some things that Pico likes.:)
Pine cones-loves to batter them to a pulp until only the center is left. I give him loose ones, but here is one that hangs that he would like . Coney Cluster - CHOPPER'S TOYS by MY SAFE BIRD STORE
Small vine balls, cat balls, things he can push around in the bottom of his cage. He has some baby toys, monkeys that make a baby jingle sound. He loves to jingle things.
He loves to beat this one up to get my attention..it is from parroteelia bird toys

here he is with one of his monkeys-the toy on the left is sold as a dog toy-lots of soft and different textures

here is the other one-they love a sleepy hut

the toy on the right is also from parroteelia toys, the platform is from T4W

he loves the giant atom from MPBT-the spiral boing is from Chopper's toys

more ideas can be found in the toy part section of T4W and MSBS
I give him natural and plastic things
links
Bird Toy Parts - Wood, Leather, Natural and more! Discounted
Canada's Largest Selection of Bird, Parrot Natural Toys & Parts from Things for Wings
Welcome to Parroteelia Bird Toys, bird toys, parrot toys, handcrafted, toy parts
parrot toys by Choppers Toys. designed for the way your parrots play. safe parrot toys, foraging parrot toys, bird toy parts, natural parrot foods, bird gyms, perches
Mother Pluckin' Bird Toys - Home of the ATOM

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hello, did you ever get your curl?

fhirtz

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Frank & Suzanne
Well so far none of the standard harnesses work on any of the toucans. Frank Hirz, a member here, has done some correspondence with Steve from The Parrot University, to fashion a special one for his curl crested aracari. I am not sure what the modifications were, but I would like to inquire. I have also looked at the Bird o pac as a possibility. I would like to take Pico on my walks.

Hi Carole and All,

I have been very busy for some time and not been on the forum. Sometimes life just gets in the way...

I have been working with Steve Hartman of Hartman's Aviary for the last many months in designing a flight harness for Dino, our Curl-Crested Aracari and am now testing the latest iteration. The Aracari's are difficult to design a harness for as they are so small and are built like Navy Cruise Missiles. The latest version looks really good and Dino can fly in it easily, yet I can still hold him in control while he sits on my arm. I think there will be one more minor modification needed before he will produce and market the final version. Dino has become Steve's "Test Pilot" Aracari. Within the next month I will start a new thread with pictures, a video (hopefully) and how and when it will be available to order.

More to follow soon. Look for the new thread with "flight harness" in the title line.

Frank Hirtz
Virginia Beach VA

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hi Frank! I can't wait to see how the harness turns out. I would love to take Pico out.:)