• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gender?

TheGreenKeet

Checking out the neighborhood
As you can see on my profile pic , my keets got a pinkish cere. It never sings (unless noises come from my phone or tv) and im still trying to train it. The good thing is that it never tries to bite me no matter how close my finger is. Could it be a girl?

keirieski17

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Keila
I can't see the cere well enough, but if you say it's pink then it's a boy. Behavior is not a reliable way of determining gender.

TheGreenKeet

I can't see the cere well enough, but if you say it's pink then it's a boy. Behavior is not a reliable way of determining gender.
It is also kinda purple on the fleshy part and blue were the cere meets the beaks ( the pink is surrounding its nostrils)(also the pink looks tanish due to the lighting)

Attachments

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Does your bird have a name?

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
It's really hard to tell the gender from the pics posted. If you're able to get a nice clear pic in natural light, it will be easier for us to help :)

I love the name Manzana, it's totally unique!

TheGreenKeet

It's really hard to tell the gender from the pics posted. If you're able to get a nice clear pic in natural light, it will be easier for us to help :)

I love the name Manzana, it's totally unique!
Haha thanks; its kinda hard to take a clear shot since my camera quality is garbage. Nice budgie btw

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Looks like a female budgie to me, there's a lot of white around the nostrils.
It sounds like you are making good progress with her. It's normal for a budgie in a new home to be very quiet; they become more vocal as they settle in more. You can still talk to her and try to teach her to talk. Females aren't as good talkers as males, on average, but many do still learn to talk.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cute budgie with a cute name.

Milestone

Sprinting down the street
Looks female like Karen256 said.