• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gemini's Story-a VERY Special Congo African Grey:)

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This story is really is inspiring :heart2:

Last edited:

Colbon2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
Loved the read of gemini's story! I applaud all you have done for your birds and you are truly an inspiration!

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
I have just reread Gemini's story and I sit here with tears rolling down My cheeks.Reliving the years with Gemini have yet again made me realize how fortunate I have been and still am:)It has been 6 years since posting this here on the Avenue,Gemini still continues to amaze,amuse and scare the beegeebies out of Me each and every day:heart:Each and every one of My flock hold very special places in My heart,Gemini's spot seems to be a bit bigger:xflove: After re reading all of the requests to write some kind of a book-I do believe that I shall try to make that a winter project-thanks again everyone:hug8::hug8::hug8:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
I have a question for any one that knows :) When Gemini's Story was published in Bird Talk magazine-I do not remember if I had to give them complete rights to the story:( BUT with the Bird Talk magazine being out of production-would I not have to uphold any thing that I might have agreed to?
Also has anyone used CreateSpace: Self Publishing and Free Distribution for Books, CD, DVD
is it any good? Does anyone have any better suggestions? Thanks:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Bird talk still does annual issues, right?

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Bonnie thank you for sharing your amazing story. Truly amazing and heartbreaking about Stanley at least he is flying free.

Heather F

You may have given them rights to a particular story, but that doesn't mean they have the rights to everything you write on the topic, unless you signed a REALLY weird contract. As long as what you write now isn't too similar to the previous story (like, not copy pasted or closely paraphrased) and you don't reuse pictures you should be fine. You might want to see if you can find the original agreement with the magazine and what it actually said, and if you can't find it I'd suggest talking to someone with experience in copyright law.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
What a wonderful true telling of a very special bird and woman's life together. I laughed and cried. I'm still crying over Stanley and would like to wring his owner's neck. Gemini is very certainly a Super Bird.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Bumping for anyone that hasn't read this yet. ..

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:heart: Gemini!

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I hadn't read it. Thank you for bumping his story @Clueless , So moving and fills me with such happiness!