• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

GCC

lalagimp

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
I love her to pieces, and she's great with me, but she's the third bird in the flock. The other two are bonded, and this year she tried to take the other bird's wife. My oldest bird was injured last month and had to be isolated from the flock, and I was afraid that when she returned, there would be big issues. Fighting, bickering, and bullshirt have been going on, and my middle bird would prefer she were removed. She's sitting with me right now trying to mate with my forearm as I type. Even if the vet can get her hormones under control, I think my middle bird will never let the grudge go.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I'm sorry to hear that she's not getting along with your other birds, and that her hormones are strong enough to get the vet involved. Hopefully you can find a soft place for her to land.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Maybe see if you can adopt another or foster to see how things go? I have Miss Jewel who thinks she needs a gazillion boyfriends. She shares a cage with Rocco, flies over when out to visit Zephyr and is trying to start up the relationship with Tuck again...through the partition that isn't completely clear...sigh. Note Tuck does not like to share and chewed a huge hole in his leg that one time. So I pulled him from the room and hooked him up with Rue. You should take Tuck and Rue and I'll take your girlie :smuggrin:.

lalagimp

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
A fourth bird is not an option. I left the cage for 30 seconds to fill the water and Koi and Idris were in battle at the top of the cage. I was opening it for the day. Jak tells them to get along, so they will until they are out for the day. Koi is done with her being in the flock. I spend as much time with Idris as I can, and then she goes into a small cage for short periods during the day so she's safe from battle. I didn't put this up for more options. I already had this discussion in February. I've already talked to a rescue. I put $1300 into Jak's surgery and recovery, while the rescue wants $600 to vet Idris. I still have to have a vehicle, so I got the cheapest piece of crap I could manage, and don't have any overage to get Idris certified to go to the rescue.
I have already skimmed ads on Craigslist for people looking for a conure, but screened them out with a few questions.
I was warned months ago that Koi may not forgive her, even if she tones down. She's toned down, and Koi says no.