• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

GCC with really malformed beak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Woo Hoo!! Congrats on taking this little sweetheart! I know he will thrive in your care. Can't wait to see more photos and hear stories about him. You husband sounds like a keeper :)

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Congratulations and welcome! Please keep us posted on this little one. I assume that, with proper beak trimmings, and lots of good food - probably a lot of mushy stuff - you can get this little one on the road to recovery! This is a great ending to a very sad story.

Do you live in or around NJ by chance? If so, I can probably help you out (at no charge)

Cannuck

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Danielle
Yay! You know I am happy for you and I can't wait to meet him! The rescued parrots usually turn out to be the dearest companions!

Taraann81

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara Lorenowicz
Thanks for all the good wishes and positive feed back everyone! Thank you for the offer Kathie, much appreciated, but nowhere close to NJ(In Canada actually)! He is settling in well! I got up this morning and made him a mushy breakfast ( plus extra and am freezing it in ice cube trays and then freezer bags, so I can take it out to thaw the night before for my 500 mornings). He won't eat the mush unless I feed it to him out of my hand..

I wonder how anybody could have had him for 3months and not even researched the possibility of getting him care..
Oh well he's ours now!

I think You'll love him Danielle! Such a character. If this turns out well and doesn't financially exhaust us I may look for another in need of a home..First I would need to verify his sex to ensure I got another of the same sex...

Do female green cheeks talk? He says pretty bird very clearly and I wondered if they were like tiels in the fact that the males are much better talkers?

Anyways thats along way off so we have plenty of time to do more research and make the right decision!

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
Oh Im so thrilled you are taking him. I know this is different but the same in a sense. boomer was neglected, abused, starved and SEVERLY dehydrated. He had maybe a week to live the vet said. well he worked his way into my heart very quickly. I held this frail almost dead bird and new he was meant to be mine. You will not regret this. They touch your heart even more. He is so very cute. i have never seen anything like that though. Do you need to spoon feed him or canm he wat on his own?

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Wonderful that you took that baby in! Thank you, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.