• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent GCC passed clear urine (no poop)

Roemeida

Moving in
Real Name
Sara Lemke
I have switched my bird from a junk food diet to a pellet diet (zupreem natural) as well as fresh veggies and some fruits. Because she had taken to them quickly it was a pretty cold turkey change and her poops have been relatively uniform and healthy (if not a bit runny understandably).

Last night I saw she had let out a rather large (but otherwise normal) poo. And this morning she let out a runny one over her cage. Followed by urinating clear liquid a few minutes later. Could this be due to the extreme diet change? I had her Monday and started it Tuesday/ Tuesday night.

She has access to an even amount (and variety) of: red pepper, broccoli, kale, sweet potatoe, green beans, snap peas, some spinach, occational cucumber, and random bits of fruit here and there. She recently tried bean sprouts and yesterday got a single seed from the pepper.

She is otherwise acting normal. I won't be able to get her to a vet for a week or so due to recent surprise bills.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
It is probably the diet change with much higher water content (the diet is great don't change it). It is too early to panic. Watch her for a few days and if it continues, or if she shows other symptoms, such as lethargy, get her to the vet.

Roemeida

Moving in
Real Name
Sara Lemke
It is probably the diet change with much higher water content (the diet is great don't change it). It is too early to panic. Watch her for a few days and if it continues, or if she shows other symptoms, such as lethargy, get her to the vet.
I sure hope it's just the diet. It's been a few days of normal first but I'm hoping it's her body finally adjusting. She is definatley not lethargic haha so I'm happy for that.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I've seen that from my birds too, but they're all fine and eat great, could just be a little too much water, so she needed to " pee". Just watch her like Hankmacaw said.

Hana Baig

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Hana Baig
its fine, like hankmakaw said it's too early to get worried, just watch the poop for a few more days, if its still runny then get him checked out. the big poop on the other hand is normal, especially in the morning when your bird wakes up :laugh:

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Whenever my fids eat a grape, their poo becomes primarily water for a time or two.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
When cheeky eats blueberries, corn or apples her poo is mostly water for quite awhile then goes back to firmer. Along with sweet potatoe this is the only thing she'll eat fresh. Except sunflowers for treats. I'm jealous of your healthy eating bird

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I've seen that from my birds too, but they're all fine and eat great, could just be a little too much water, so she needed to " pee". Just watch her like Hankmacaw said.
Yup, this can happen with fresh foods or if they drink a lot of water (like at bath time). Usually after that watery dropping, you'll see it firm up with the next couple of poops. I freaked out a little the other day when I saw Rupert have such a dark poop and then I realized it was actually just dark purple from the blackberry he had with dinner.

Remember that they'll also scare you with the color of their poops sometimes. It'll be brown if they've eaten more pellets but green if they're eating more fresh foods.