• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

GCC Behavioral Patterns

AiyanaCSake

Meeting neighbors
So, my baby is 9 months old, and I'm his #1 person in the house (As he is my bird). I have noticed and so has my family, that he is very aggressive towards everyone else only when I'm around. Is he just possessive over me? When I'm busy and my family has him out, he's very sociable and doesn't nip. But when I get home he's like my shadow, he loves me but then turns his back on everyone else. Is there anything I can do to help this behavior?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
Welcome! Yes he considers you his number one bond. You maybe able to have your family treat him in a neutral place when your home-like on his cage or if you have a perch to make them more interesting/friendly to him. Also you can try re-introducing them so that he knows your still his number one but they are safe to be with when you are there too. Worst case, they will just have to avoid trigger behaviors when you are around & enjoy him when your not. He’s awful young still so I can’t help but believe that the reintro & treating will go a huge distance to easing his protective stance.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John