• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Gainesville FL

Catherine89

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
Dr. Patrick Gauvin At All Creatures. Him and his wife have been practicing for over 25 yrs, he is amazing and caring. He wanted to take my Charlie home with him. His has a cockatiel that is 35 yrs old which he says is old for a cockateil. If you live in this area and need a good vet he is amazing

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Dr. Patrick Gauvin At All Creatures. Him and his wife have been practicing for over 25 yrs, he is amazing and caring. He wanted to take my Charlie home with him. His has a cockatiel that is 35 yrs old which he says is old for a cockateil. If you live in this area and need a good vet he is amazing
That’s an incredible age for a cockatiel! Learn all you can from him, you are so fortunate to have him as your vet!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Wow, that's doing really well for a Tiel! When I was researching vets, I wasn't sure I could trust one that didn't have an Certified Avian Vet, so I make the drive to Jacksonville (Exotic Bird Hospital) for my little guys. I've been very pleased with them (aside from the long drive!).

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Wow, that's doing really well for a Tiel! When I was researching vets, I wasn't sure I could trust one that didn't have an Certified Avian Vet, so I make the drive to Jacksonville (Exotic Bird Hospital) for my little guys. I've been very pleased with them (aside from the long drive!).
we consult with Dr. Rhoda Stevenson! She's very helpful!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
we consult with Dr. Rhoda Stevenson! She's very helpful!
Oh that's so cool! I love all the staff there. You can tell they're just as passionate as we are!

Diesel13

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Miranda
I'm in the same boat. I didn't want to take Diesel to anyone who wasn't avian certified because it can be a crapshoot how knowledgeable the un-avian certified vets are. I also take Diesel to the exotic bird hospital in Jacksonville and love them! I've boarded her there many times now. However, I'd love to find a place to board her closer to Gainesville since making that drive to Jacksonville is pretty time consuming.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I'm in the same boat. I didn't want to take Diesel to anyone who wasn't avian certified because it can be a crapshoot how knowledgeable the un-avian certified vets are. I also take Diesel to the exotic bird hospital in Jacksonville and love them! I've boarded her there many times now. However, I'd love to find a place to board her closer to Gainesville since making that drive to Jacksonville is pretty time consuming.
Oh same here! Sherbie's been boarded a few times with them. At least I know what care they'll be getting and they get fed fresh foods like they're used to.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
He's my vet too--absolutely love him, very smart and gentle man, he was surprised how quiet Sam is. It was amusing to hear about some of the antics other macaws have done in the office. Very smart man and willing to talk to a nervous bird mom, I would recommend him.

Catherine89

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
He's my vet too--absolutely love him, very smart and gentle man, he was surprised how quiet Sam is. It was amusing to hear about some of the antics other macaws have done in the office. Very smart man and willing to talk to a nervous bird mom, I would recommend him.
I love him. He knows I over worry about my baby’s and doesn’t look at my like I’m crazy. When my baby’s where sick he put maple syrup in there medication so it would taste better.