1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Gainesville FL

Discussion in 'Add Your Favorite Vets Here' started by Catherine89, 11/15/17.

1. Catherine89

Catherine89 Walking the driveway

Catherine
    Dr. Patrick Gauvin At All Creatures. Him and his wife have been practicing for over 25 yrs, he is amazing and caring. He wanted to take my Charlie home with him. His has a cockatiel that is 35 yrs old which he says is old for a cockateil. If you live in this area and need a good vet he is amazing

saroj12 likes this.
  2. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    That’s an incredible age for a cockatiel! Learn all you can from him, you are so fortunate to have him as your vet!

Catherine89 likes this.
  3. Peachfaced

Peachfaced Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran Vendor I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

Sadie
    Wow, that's doing really well for a Tiel! When I was researching vets, I wasn't sure I could trust one that didn't have an Certified Avian Vet, so I make the drive to Jacksonville (Exotic Bird Hospital) for my little guys. I've been very pleased with them (aside from the long drive!).

saroj12 likes this.
  4. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    we consult with Dr. Rhoda Stevenson! She's very helpful!

Peachfaced likes this.
  5. Peachfaced

Peachfaced Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran Vendor I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

Sadie
    Oh that's so cool! I love all the staff there. You can tell they're just as passionate as we are!

saroj12 likes this.
  6. Diesel13

Diesel13 Jogging around the block

Miranda
    I'm in the same boat. I didn't want to take Diesel to anyone who wasn't avian certified because it can be a crapshoot how knowledgeable the un-avian certified vets are. I also take Diesel to the exotic bird hospital in Jacksonville and love them! I've boarded her there many times now. However, I'd love to find a place to board her closer to Gainesville since making that drive to Jacksonville is pretty time consuming.

Peachfaced and saroj12 like this.
  7. Peachfaced

Sadie
    Oh same here! Sherbie's been boarded a few times with them. At least I know what care they'll be getting and they get fed fresh foods like they're used to.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)