• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gah! I cut into the quick!

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Signe
We were cutting the guinea pig's toenails tonight and I cut into one of Hana's quicks. I feel awful. She bled a little bit but seems to be fine. But I feel terrible! I hope she feels better soon. :(

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
As long as you got the bleeding to stop all is good. As well as flour if the clipped quick wont stop you can get a clean bar of soap and force the nail into the soap- it plugs up the hole and stops the bleeding of even quite seriously nicked quicks- more than one vet had to use this technique for my whippet who was adopted at approx 6months old with terribly overgrown nails

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Signe
As long as you got the bleeding to stop all is good. As well as flour if the clipped quick wont stop you can get a clean bar of soap and force the nail into the soap- it plugs up the hole and stops the bleeding of even quite seriously nicked quicks- more than one vet had to use this technique for my whippet who was adopted at approx 6months old with terribly overgrown nails
Thanks @Shezbug I just checked her toenail and it's all clotted.