• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fyi: GMO papayas

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
And there's simply no way to know the long-term multi- generation effects of GMO food consumption, (many such foods have pesticide residue such as Roundup) BC its simply too soon to tell.
Im sorry, but that's incorrect. There are a number of studies that have been done and are ongoing. For example:

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: Effects of long-term feeding of genetically modified corn (event MON810) on the performance of lactating dairy cows - Steinke - 2010 - Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition - Wiley Online Library

"There were no consistent effects of feeding MON810 or its isogenic CON on milk composition or body condition. Thus, the present long-term study demonstrated the compositional and nutritional equivalence of Bt-MON810 and its isogenic CON."

Assessment of the health impact of GM plant diets in long-term and multigenerational animal feeding trials: A literature review

"The studies reviewed present evidence to show that GM plants are nutritionally equivalent to their non-GM counterparts and can be safely used in food and feed."

Long term feeding of Bt-corn – a ten-generation study with quails
"Feeding of diets containing genetically-modified corn did not significantly influence health and performance of quails nor did it affect DNA-transfer and quality of meat and eggs of quails compared with the isogenic counterpart."

Long-Term Assessment of the Effects of Transgenic Bt Cotton on the Abundance of Nontarget Arthropod Natural Enemies | Environmental Entomology
"Multivariate principal response curves supported the findings of univariate analyses for the entire natural enemy community, showing no effect of Bt cotton but large and long-lasting negative effects from the use of insecticides."

Long-Term Assessment of the Effects of Transgenic Bt Cotton on the Function of the Natural Enemy Community | Environmental Entomology
". These long-term studies showed essentially no effects of Bt cotton on natural enemy function in Arizona cotton and further showed that minor reductions in density of several predator taxa in Bt cotton observed in a companion study may have little ecological meaning relative to natural enemy impact on key pests in the system."

I can keep going.

slinky-kitty

Sprinting down the street
I am not well versed on it at all and have found reading both your views fascinating and informative :cantsee:

But this is the last place you should feel you are posting stuff that doesn't give you joy so I get what you mean. I'm a single forum gal....I don't have the energy or attention span for more! :lol: