• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

full spectrum lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

annie1

Walking the driveway
Real Name
manuela
What does everyone thinks about giving full spectrum lights to your birds .

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
I think its very important. My guys have a full spectrum light on and in the summer I take them outside for some fresh sunlight. Given how uplifting it is to have the full spectrum lights about for me, I feel its important for them as well. Though I also know there are health benefits. :o: I just can't find the sites I was using when I was researching them. Need to organize my favorites more.

copswife30

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
It is a must for all birds unless they are outside everyday or every other day in some kind of outdoor avery;)

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I use them, & have timers, so when I not home, they will go off/on at certain times. Been using them for years.

annie1

Walking the driveway
Real Name
manuela
awesome thank you so much for the input ,i got one yesterday for my poor annie and im hoping also maybe???? it will help with her toe tapping and wing flipping ? i dont know but its good for her one way or the other i just tried everything else so far and just cant figure it out ,so anything is a go for us to get rid of it .......:)

Jazzysmama

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
If your bird is toe tapping and wing flipping there is a problem going on, not just a lack of a vitamin but it can also signal too much of a vitamin if I'm correct. I would make an avian vet appt. asap to help find the cause. There are threads on the forum regarding this problem you might want to read.

annie1

Walking the driveway
Real Name
manuela
i had her at the avian vet already did bloodwork too everythign is fine she is very healthy and the vet never had this in her office so she has to consult with other vets ???? i had her there twice for eating her toes and now she is in a collor during the night ,im home all day so i can watch her during the day . but i tried all differend stuff and just cant figure it out , the only thing i have not tried out is an elimination diet to see if she has allergies to any food but then i only have her for 2 month and she was fed seeds only from the previous owners so this could be still in her system ,she gets also aloe detox in her water .

Status
Not open for further replies.