• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fruit

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
My linnie doesn't really like to eat fruit or veggies. Was wondering if it is okay to give him a baby food jar of fruit.

BlueDoraBarry

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Barry
It would be fine, just make sure that it is natural (like all baby food should be) and doesn't have any milk or milk powder as birds can't digest it very well.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gigi warms up to new things pretty slowly. I would keep offering a variety of food. I think high quality baby food would be a fine choice.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Make sure the only ingredient is the fruit and no additives. Or.... you could make your own with single fruits or a blend of different fruit. Wash, peel, and pulverize in a blender. Freeze small portions in an ice cube tray, once frozen pop them out and put in an airtight ziplock bag. Thaw individual servings when you want. :)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
@Dona
Thanks! The crimsons are very pretty. As an artist I'm always drawn to color. Nature can be so remarkable! And... as a group they are remarkably very noisy!
Astro is one of my babies from 2008. She is the whole pallet of colors! The Bling sisters were hatched the year before.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Dona
Thanks! The crimsons are very pretty. As an artist I'm always drawn to color. Nature can be so remarkable! And... as a group they are remarkably very noisy!
Astro is one of my babies from 2008. She is the whole pallet of colors! The Bling sisters were hatched the year before.
Works of art. :)