• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

From Total Sweetness to Something not so Sweet

mom_2_bo_N_abby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
marlene m
So my babies are going on 10 weeks old they were perfect gems yesterday….then something happened they woke up and Miss Abby was sweet as always but on the other had Sir Bo woke up acting as if was possessed by something he has never bit me as hard as he did today…. I was wondering is this normal behavior for them to go through these phases or is he possibly mad at me for something and also can this be fixed…? For such a little guy he can really bit like the big guys….so someone help please... I feel so bad that he is acting this way… :sad5:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Aww I'm sorry he bit you. I'm sure he just testing out his boundaries and didn't mean anything by it.

mom_2_bo_N_abby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
marlene m
he's being a grouch....even a little while ago I usually cuddle with them before bed he peeped no no no and went back home (his cage)....hubbyman says that he might be upset that I switched out all their toys since it was rotation time.... :cautious: tomorrow is another day, so we will see if he wakes up on the right side of his bed...lol

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
A switch of the toys could definitely do it. Squeeky gets night frights if I change is cage around so I never do.

mom_2_bo_N_abby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
marlene m
awwww I will have to but everything back a figure out what he has been missing....sooo little yet they have such a big personalities...

Cahtie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Misty
I believe that's also around the age where they gnaw on everything, and test everything, and don't necessarily realize they're being too rough. It's generally a good thing to rearrange cages on a fairly regular basis, from what I've heard.

I've also read that it might be possible that he just sees you too much as mommy and he's at the age where he wants to get away from his parronts and be his own man. Since, obviously, he can't leave, he's a little testy.

I'm no expert though, this is just what I've got from reading about, so it could be wrong. Wish you much luck and happy thoughts with him though.

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Conures have grumpy days just like we do. I wouldn't worry too much.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
I believe that's also around the age where they gnaw on everything, and test everything, and don't necessarily realize they're being too rough. It's generally a good thing to rearrange cages on a fairly regular basis, from what I've heard.

I've also read that it might be possible that he just sees you too much as mommy and he's at the age where he wants to get away from his parronts and be his own man. Since, obviously, he can't leave, he's a little testy.

I'm no expert though, this is just what I've got from reading about, so it could be wrong. Wish you much luck and happy thoughts with him though.

Rotation is ok but a little at a time and he is in the development stage. Could be too much change at one time. With time one comes to learn the dos and don'ts with their birds and what makes them happy.