• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Freshly Hatched baby dove...

penny'smom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ashley
thanks! I'll have to post more pics soon. I just got back from a work trip - it's nice to hear bird noises again!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
they are gorgeous!!

penny'smom

Real Name
Ashley
Olive had a bath yesterday. We're going to do that weekly now to keep her clean and get a regular good look at her legs/underbelly. Everything looks good, no irritated spots or anything, so I'm very pleased with the fleece setup. She was not excited about bathing, but was nice about it. Trevor still LOVES Q-tips, and I finally got photos of him with one before he flew at my head. I have to be extra careful what is lying around - he dropped a paperclip in Olive's cage the other day.
v 024.jpg v 019.jpg v 025.jpg

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
OMG, hes soooo cute with his little q tip......:heart:

penny'smom

Real Name
Ashley
sooo....... Trevor has been outside on the screened patio a lot. We have left the door open but he is not interested yet. I'm not sure he wants to give up all the "amenities" here. Olive is doing very well, and her modified cage is still working out comfortably for her.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thanks for the update, Im sure Trevor dosent want to leave home, but maybe a sexy female will catch his eye :D Glad to hear Olive is well too.:hug8:

penny'smom

Real Name
Ashley
I'm very sad to post that we lost our precious Olive a week ago. She got startled, flapped around her cage in a panic, and must have hit her head. I held her and talked to her softly to help her calm down, but she was unusually stoic - I thought it was shock. I put her in a quieter place to rest, but a short time later she had a seizure and was gone. Trevor has been very docile (instead of his normal feisty self) and wants to spend a lot of time with us. We miss her so much, and the house just feels empty.

kitkat44

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Katlin
:( Aw thats sad. :hug8: I'm glad Trever is doing good though!

penny'smom

Real Name
Ashley
We still really miss little Olive - I can't quite get used to her being gone. Trevor seems basically back to normal lately, though he is a lot less territorial and spends more quiet time with us. He's been interested in new foods also (broccoli and petite diced carrot).

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awwww, Im so sorry about Olive, you gave her a wonderful life. Poor Trevor, I hope hes better by the day, ya know, I think hes there to stay. Our little mourning dove "Wren" will never ever leave us, she adores my hubby and she soooo sweet, twitches her wings when we talk to her, sleeps in hubbys lap, drinks from his water glass :heart: she grunts at me trying to tell me something.... Doves are "special".:hug8:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh,no I'm so sorry to hear about Olive :hug8:

penny'smom

Real Name
Ashley
Awwww, Im so sorry about Olive, you gave her a wonderful life. Poor Trevor, I hope hes better by the day, ya know, I think hes there to stay. Our little mourning dove "Wren" will never ever leave us, she adores my hubby and she soooo sweet, twitches her wings when we talk to her, sleeps in hubbys lap, drinks from his water glass :heart: she grunts at me trying to tell me something.... Doves are "special".:hug8:
Doves are very special birds - I really had no idea until I raised them. Olive didn't have many things in her favor, but we did the best we could for her, and I know she was comfortable, well-fed, and loved for the short time she had. The vet said that would have been her life expectancy in the wild, but it doesn't make me feel any better. Trevor is doing fine at this point (no more moping or sad cooing) and definitely isn't going anywhere, as he is far too tame and accustomed to life with us. His first hatchday is coming up in just a few weeks.