• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Freddie's hurt

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
I called every vet in the area and no one can take him before tomorrow at 3:30. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I think someone got into a fight with him while I was making dinner.

I've got him separated, he's got feathers missing on his head and the underside of his wing is bloody but not actively bleeding.

I just don't know what to do. He won't open his mouth for water and I need some help. Please.

IMG_20181022_174318209.jpg

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Got a bit of water in him. Should I move his wing to apply polysporin?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Keep him warm and keep him quiet. See if you can clean off the underside of the wing. Do you have any Vetericyn or can you get some? I use Vetericyn Wound and Skin Care. Better to apply that than polysporin but I have used Neosporin (not the ointment type, though) in the past. He is probably in a bit of shock right now so try not to stress him out. Re-contact the vets and tell them this is an emergency and describe what you see maybe they can get you in sooner or maybe they can give you some recommendations over the phone. Are there any emergency facilities in your area?
Sorry that he got injured. Hope he will be OK.
Wound & Skin Care - Vetericyn Animal Wellness

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Keep him warm and keep him quiet. See if you can clean off the underside of the wing. Do you have any Vetericyn or can you get some? I use Vetericyn Wound and Skin Care. Better to apply that than polysporin but I have used Neosporin (not the ointment type, though) in the past. He is probably in a bit of shock right now so try not to stress him out. Re-contact the vets and tell them this is an emergency and describe what you see maybe they can get you in sooner or maybe they can give you some recommendations over the phone. Are there any emergency facilities in your area?
Sorry that he got injured. Hope he will be OK.
Wound & Skin Care - Vetericyn Animal Wellness
No emergency vet that takes birds. I did describe his situation the best I could, at least.

I'm worried that moving his wing will hurt him, though it does seem pretty clean as it is.

JPEG_20181022_175504.jpg
This is his injured side. I have him in the bathroom with a towel over him for privacy. One side uncovered, lights off.

The only thing they said to do was keep him calm, quiet, and try to get him to drink.

Attachments

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Keep us updated.
Photo is very blurry so hard to see.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
frick. They'll see him right away but my aunt is making me wait to see if she feels like driving us

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I can't fricking believe this. I hauled her flooring upstairs while sick as a dog.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
frick. They'll see him right away but my aunt is making me wait to see if she feels like driving us
It's good that they are willing to see him. Hope your aunt will take you. Let her know that it's very important that he be checked.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
frick. First mom says that he's dying to try and get me not to go, now she's saying that he'll heal on his own.

'When you're dealing with someone with issues like (me)'.

This has nothing to do with my damned mental health.

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
Whew! Hope your baby's okay :sadhug2:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew