• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fred lets me give scritches! :)

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
The past couple of days Fred has been pushing his head under my hand, to get head scritches. Now when I show him the palms of my hands he hurries over to my hands, and puts the top of his head right down inside the palm of my hand! He kisses my fingers while I massage his head & neck and really loves it. Tonight he closed his eyes!! My family looked on in awe :heart:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, that sounds so sweet!:heart: He now knows a good thing when he sees it. Now he might never leave you alone!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
There are no shortcuts. You've got to earn the privilege. Well done. :hug8:

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
:loveshower::loveshower::loveshower:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
That's great!! It's so rewarding when a bird opens up to you :heart: I'm very happy for both of you :D

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Trust! I love reading about it! Can I get some more from those two stubborn little Budgie heads please? LOL... some days I have to make fun of them when they act like my hands coming into their cage are there to attack them! :)

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
This is wonderful!! How long have you had Fred?! I may be behind. Lol. My bird is slowly opening up too! :)
We have had Fred 10 months, mid December will be a year, he is now 8 yrs old. We consider the gotcha date his birthday :) he was a Christmas present for our family and we all love him so much. I don't know what his hatch date was, only that he was definitely 7 yrs old when we got him. Kind of sad, he had a tragic beginning to his life which caused him to not trust people. He is a different bird now, such a sweet temperament.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
There are no shortcuts. You've got to earn the privilege. Well done. :hug8:
Thank you! And boy do they ever make you earn it! He's such a demanding little thing but I can get him to do pretty much anything. It's getting to that point. If I tell him NO, he stops. He's really good about it. I have chew toys every where he goes, little toy baskets, and he knows what is his. Right now I am still able to redirect him without any problems. But the people I got him from said he's not a problem bird and never was. And she wanted someone to take him that would properly care for him so he can continue to be a good bird. He's really wonderful.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Aw, that sounds so sweet!:heart: He now knows a good thing when he sees it. Now he might never leave you alone!
We do spend a lot of time together lol. He will sit with me through an entire movie and if he has to poop, he scoots to the arm of the chair and aims for the floor. I am going to paper train him. My lovebird was paper trained. He won't poop on anybody, not sure if he had been taught that or if that's something he just does. He's an easy to care for bird, probably because I am so crazy about him. My son says it's sickening lol oh well!

Last edited:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Congrats to you and Fred!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awesome.

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
We have had Fred 10 months, mid December will be a year, he is now 8 yrs old. We consider the gotcha date his birthday :) he was a Christmas present for our family and we all love him so much. I don't know what his hatch date was, only that he was definitely 7 yrs old when we got him. Kind of sad, he had a tragic beginning to his life which caused him to not trust people. He is a different bird now, such a sweet temperament.
Thats just wonderful! Hes got a good home now and is starting to trust you! :) YAY!! I dont know Lucys hatch date either but we have the gotcha date! :)

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Thats just wonderful! Hes got a good home now and is starting to trust you! :) YAY!! I dont know Lucys hatch date either but we have the gotcha date! :)
Thanks so much! I try not to look back, I just don't get how some can be mean to animals. That's always bothered me. I can't hear those stories. We always tell Fred how much we love him :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I just don't get how some can be mean to animals. That's always bothered me. I can't hear those stories.
...some things can not be logically explained. Whenever I see horror stories, I think of all the many people work for the betterment of animals. There are many more of the latter than the former...