• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Frantic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Just saw this. I'm so sorry Natalie. :( I hope she comes back soon. Maybe she'll be waiting for you in the garage when you get home?

Ziggymon

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
Cats tend to revert to being little wild animals when they're scared.

Put the litterbox outside, very near the house. Don't clean it out first - the smells will be familiar to her.

If she hasn't shown herself by tonight, get a humane trap, a good size one, and bait it nightly with a smelly food - tuna, etc. Put the trap under a bush or somewhere else where she would feel secure approaching.

One of my sister's cats got out this year, and it was six weeks before my sister caught her - she only caught a glimpse of her once in all that time.

Ally

Walking the driveway
Real Name
ally
im sorry shes out wandering, but im sure she will be ok, and find her way back to you unharmed.. i used to live in new york, and my cat got out in january, well that night it snowed 4 feet!!! she was gone for two weeks, so i had pretty much given up.. well one day i wake up to meow-ing at the back door, so i went and opened the door.. she ran right past me and snuggled up on the couch!

ferdinand

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
I am so sorry Natalie - I hope she comes home soon!

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
No sign of her tonight, and the neighbors haven't seen her. There are pawprints all over the chairs outside, and the window ledge dirt has been smeared, she tried to get up to the window :sad1:
I just have this feeling that she is gone. I don't even know what to say right now, I'm worried and upset.

daydreams356

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Erica
I hope you find her soon! Cats know home and usually will come back within a few days. Same sort of thing happened with my kitty. She bolted outside a few hours before a VERY severe thunderstorm and we couldn't find her in that time. We have miles of woods behind the house and she ran into them. She was sitting on our porch a day later caked in mud and soaked to the bone. It was very scary! She is absolutely terrified of thunder and wants to hide under anything she can and bolts from hiding spot to hiding spot during storms, so we were very worried. Keep the garage as it is and hopefully your kitty will be waiting for you soon. Thank goodness she has a collar on! Keep checking with neighbors and shelters. And don't get the "she is gone" feeling! Cats are resilient and chances are a storm isn't going to do her in. She can go days without food and if you had that storm, chances are she can find water. Positive vibes will help your well-being and in getting her back. Sending prayers your way! :hug8:

Last edited:

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:hug8: I hope she shows up soon. It is a horrible feeling.

hotfoot jackson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
Iwas going to suggest some of the stuff Zyggymon did...go with stinky catfood..are there noises she likes? You know music, singing ..try putting this out too. Leave the outdoor light on at night as well, maybe it will work like a beacon in the dark to attract her.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Thanks for the advice everyone.
I left the light on all night last night, and sat outside on the chairs under the deck rattling kitty food and calling her name until about 1:00 AM. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm a crazy nut. Cracked the garage, but no sign of her this morning. I left the food out in hopes that she comes back to eat, she loves her Blue.

I'm beginning to call all the shelters to see if she's been picked up as she has now been missing for over 24 hours.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Can you leave that window cracked open? And maybe put a chair there so she can hop up easier to get in?

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I am so sorry to hear she hasnt come bac yet. Call the vets in the area and animal control so they also know

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I'm sorry that she hasn't made it back home yet but I am sure that it is only a matter of time. She already tried to come home once :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
In know how scary it is to be waiting for an escaped kitty to return. It's happened top me a few times. Every little sound you hear you go running to see if it's her.
That's good news that she tried to get back in. She knows where home is and will show up when you least expect it. I've found for some reason many cats hesitate more if you are out there calling them and won't let you get close. I found it sometimes works better to call them from an open door and then leave and let them venture close on their own. Maybe they sense the stress in our voice and like little kids expect to get in trouble. LOL. If you can leave the door open enough for her to get into the house put her favorite smelly food far enough into the room so you can get to the door before she runs out again. :hug8:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im so sorry to hear this,praying that she comes home today.

Lex123

Where in Minnesota do you live? I would check on CL.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I wish hoping for better news. :( This was my main reason for asking my dad to use his lap top. I was really hoping she had come home.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Kitty got out one night....it was two AM when we realized (son didn't close the door tight). We called and called...and we saw two eyes running across the field towars our house. She ran into our woods and I got real close and tried to grab her....she hissed! And we are talkign about the sweetest kitty ever...she kind of turned "ferral" in her venture outside for a brief moment. Well she ran through our back yard and around front to the door which I had left open for her...so we did get her back!

Your baby is probably spooked and now used to being outside like that...leave windows cracked and like Marie said, the door cracked as well.....I am sure she will find her way to her home.:hug8:

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I'm so sorry to hear this...hoping she finds her way back soon :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.